DAVID BECKHAM is heading for Ibrox

Credit crunch not hit down there yet :confused: Selling tickets (price to be confirmed) BEFORE xmas, to a fanbase who, like most in Scotland will have been in some way affected by unemployment, credit crunch, for a freindly in February?????

Fair enough that's changed things somewhat, but I think you know what I mean. Last year fans spent hundreds if not thousands, following the team in Europe - so a friendly at 20-40 quid in Glasgow is peanuts in comparison. If some fans can't afford it they probably won't go.

Ironically the recession and unemployment is being fueled by people NOT spending money due to fear.

There are some luckier people with low debts and more secure jobs who will not really be directly affected in the pocket by the crunch and may actually have extra money due to the drop in interest rates and VAT as well as big price drops in the sales and curbing spending on new cars etc.

In the end it's up to individual fans to decide whether they want to fork out big money for a friendly in February. With the lack of European football, depending on pricing, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a decent uptake for what seems like a pretty glamorous tie.

I'm presuming that Milan will be promised a significant slice of the action which could inflate the prices.

And I agree that the timing of the ticket sales seems a bit off.

In my own thinking, I do believe there is room for this friendly. Whether it will be a success is to be seen.

Unless tickets are prices below �£20, I can't see Ibrox being half-full for this game.

There is that possibility.

Who knows, maybe Fleck and Aaron might get a game and destroy them!:fish:

p.s I'll probably go as the club needs some cash and I've never seen Kaka play in the flesh. All this moaning about the club making money from fans. Unless you're in a heavily sponsored league then that's where the money comes from. Don't see the problem here? Get along and support yer team!!!

Who knows, maybe Fleck and Aaron might get a game and destroy them!:fish:

p.s I'll probably go as the club needs some cash and I've never seen Kaka play in the flesh. All this moaning about the club making money from fans. Unless you're in a heavily sponsored league then that's where the money comes from. Don't see the problem here? Get along and support yer team!!!

Get along to support your team in a friendly match costing near �£40? No way Jose!

Who's kidding who here?