Oh Boogie - You're a football player

How can you admire a guy who ONLY cares about the welfare of people who are the SAME religion as him? I'm pretty disgusted as that's the kind of thinking that causes such bloodshed in the first place.

I only admire people who care about the lives of everyone, no matter their religion colour or nationality.

When I stand for a 2 minute's silence at Armistice day I am paying tribute to the people who put their lives on the line for this country's freedom. I am not paying tribute to dead nazis.

You may not admire that stance, but I make no apology for it.

I have very little opinion on the middle east conflict. there are wrongs on both sides. However Bougerra is making a stance, and I admire him for that. Too many people are not willing to stand up for what they believe in.

When I stand for a 2 minute's silence at Armistice day I am paying tribute to the people who put their lives on the line for this country's freedom. I am not paying tribute to dead nazis.

You may not admire that stance, but I make no apology for it.

I have very little opinion on the middle east conflict. there are wrongs on both sides. However Bougerra is making a stance, and I admire him for that. Too many people are not willing to stand up for what they believe in.

To be comparable to what Bougherra seems to me to be doing, if you are a Protestant, you SHOULD be mourning the dead of Germans, as they are mostly a Protestant country. But I think that this highlights how ludicrous it is when people choose who they are for and against on a whim.

Bougherra is not like you as he is firstly not a Palestinian, so isn't mourning his own countrymen like you are, and secondly the Palestinians are the original aggressors - just like the Nazis...

I see nothing wrong with mourning the deaths of innocent people, but ONLY doing so because they are the same religion as you AND they were killed by a different religion is, to me, the kind of thinking that causes the deaths in the first place.

There's a lot of weird thinking like that these days where it's ok for a Muslim to gas a load of other Muslims, or for one Muslim country to attack another Muslim country, but when non-Muslims get involved, it's a good excuse for Muslims to kill innocent non-Muslims around the world.

Then there's the same kind of religious thinking that caused the US to go on the rampage in the middle east the first place and treat Muslims in Guantanamo as sub-human.

We know ourselves what's happened in Ireland due to the same thinking, so I make no apology for being totally against it.

I'm pretty disgusted at some of the stuff Israel have been doing but I'm NOT going to ignore the Palestinian deaths just because I'm not a Muslim.

But I'm also disgusted at the Palestinian rocket attacks and feel sorry for the innocent Israeli families whose relatives have been murdered.

I think the fact that there are plenty of non-muslims on here that mourn the deaths of the innocents in this stupid situation, makes Bougherra's reasons look pretty damn poor.

I'm not arguing whether Bougerra is right or wrong in his beliefs. At least he has them. His views that he has expressed don't seem offensive and if the GJRC don't have an issue with them then who am I to complain.

Fair enough, but I'm just arguing against the moral outrage that to my mind is misplaced.

As I see it, Israel's offensive was retaliation for the Palestinian missiles killing their people.

I'm not condoning Israel's actions (I condemn some of them) and the political situation is pretty complex which I don't really want to get into, but it seems to me that Hamas were the ones that started it on this occasion. They've also done it again despite agreeing a ceasefire.

The Palestinians are hardly innocent parties in this situation...

How can you admire a guy who ONLY cares about the welfare of people who are the SAME religion as him? I'm pretty disgusted as that's the kind of thinking that causes such bloodshed in the first place.

I only admire people who care about the lives of everyone, no matter their religion colour or nationality.

Could not have put it more succinctly myself.

That is the failing of most Muslims in Britain today. They claim to be British and yet cry foul on everything Britain is and means. That is because it does not fit in with the Muslim/Islam ethic. Until the whole world is Muslim, Muslims will never be happy.

Most religions are the same.

As I see it, Israel's offensive was retaliation for the Palestinian missiles killing their people.

And Hamas argue that the rockets were retaliation for Israel breaking the ceasefire in November and killing *their* people.

And Israel would argue that the attacks in November were retaliation, blah, blah, he started it, naw he did, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

The bottom line is well over a thousand people have been killed, regardless of who started it. In my opinion that gives a valid reason for anyone who cares to wear a black armband.

The Palestinians are hardly innocent parties in this situation...

I'd argue that the hundreds of dead children most certainly *were* innocent.

And Hamas argue that the rockets were retaliation for Israel breaking the ceasefire in November and killing *their* people.

And Israel would argue that the attacks in November were retaliation, blah, blah, he started it, naw he did, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

The bottom line is well over a thousand people have been killed, regardless of who started it.

Exactly.... That's indeed how it is. Both sides to blame, both probably as bad as each other, neither side necessarily 'EVIL' as some would have you believe, yet there is a balance issue, as one side has little real military might/power, while the other does... Big Time.

I'd argue that the hundreds of dead children most certainly *were* innocent.

I'm sure they definitely were. I've got tell you though... that's not the 'word' in Israel. I know 2 guys in Israel, one lives in Tel Aviv & the other in Jaffa. One of them told me a few days ago when we were talking about all this, that he & others had been hearing that Hamas were throwing children in front of them to use as 'sand bags'. When I told him I didn't believe it possible unless it was dead bodies he quickly came back saying ... 'Oh, I guess it was just a metaphor'. That's what you're dealing with over there - News spins, stories, rumors & a word on the street that's completely awash with utter bullshit - ON BOTH SIDES.

What a mess... :mad:

Exactly.... That's indeed how it is. Both sides to blame, both probably as bad as each other, neither side necessarily 'EVIL' as some would have you believe, yet there is a balance issue, as one side has little real military might/power, while the other does... Big Time.

Well if the other guy has bigger guns don't go throwing rocks at him! :box:

I fully admit to not knowing enough (anything :o) of the situation, but to side with the Palestinians merely because they have less artillery seems like bs to me.