Right to an opinion and truthful answers.

Am I right in thinking that in our great democracy free speech and opinions are allowed and even encouraged.

I have never met Walter Smith or Mr.Murray. Or, indeed, any of the others involved in the running of our great football team.(apart from Ally Mc. but he was pissed at the time) All I know of them is what I read in the newspaper or hear on the TV. I expect that this is the same for 99.9% of any supporters.

I form my opinions from what I hear and see mainly in the press.

I, and most others, do not resort to name calling of the people who run our team. Why should WS etc.feel the need to resort to such name calling without actually knowing the people of whom they are addressing ? As far as I understand it is the business and coaching methods which are under scrutiny and not their personal character.

The supporters who are expressing their opinions by the best available means want to have a successful football club....No more and NO LESS.

Is this the same agenda for WS etc ? Given the logic of recent decisions it makes you wonder

Those making such sweeping attacks and suggesting that all supporters are stupid and know nothing about anything also have the audacity to simultaneously to live off these same supporters hard earned cash. This says to me that these people may have something to hide and are trying to deflect the main issues.

Any knowledge I have gained over many years is by watching football, listening to managers and believing what they said which turned out to be total bullshit has made me suspicious of "successful businessman" Mr.Murray's words and future plans and that of his paid employees. After all, he is not a multi millionaire by looking after the small investor.

Once WS etc. has met all "troublemakers" or even put HIS thoughts and feelings on this board, after all he says he reads the comments, then he will be able to form opinions of the individuals who question his actions (even better if he is happy to give everyone his own e-mail so that he can communicate personally) Or,perhaps we should all write letters so he can respond individually therefore revealing identities in a safe and secure manner. Has he ever heard the term "internet security"

As things stand I want some genuine, truthful answers to my Club's future including "will Ibrox Park park exist in 10 years"

Good post mate. Ibrox park will always exist although it may be the Ibrox park flats.:(

Personally i think if Murray tried to sell Ibrox he would be in danger of mass demonstrations. I doubt if he coud appear in public without getting verbal and possible physical abuse.( I was going to say i don't think he could walk down the street again but it sounded stupid.)

The main stand front building is of course protected but that does not mean it can't be incorperated in another building.

I do think that is the dooms day scene though.

IF you look through Murray's reign then it is full of lies and promises. Every time he was getting criticised there were great promises made that never materialised. In all his mouthing off of the internet he seems to forget his biggest propaganda blog, The Rangers website.

Guest enigmablue

I'm disappointed in the current regime's attack on the 'We Deserve Better' campaign and its flawed logic that posters on sites like this and FF are not entitled to an opinion.

Again i'd support the OP's position. I'm in my early thirties and before moving to Australia I had a ST for nearly 20 years. At home, I'd never been one to seek out players, chase autographs, hassle players etc. I was never part of any official supporters club till i moved away from Glasgow (although i travelled on a few local ones from time to time). It's only in the last few years since we set up our local RSC that i've become more in touch with the people in and around RFC, WWA, RSA, RST etc. I was just an average guy who simply wanted to watch the footy in the company of fellow bears in a new city where the old RSC had folded years ago. I didn't set up an RSC for the perks (although i've had some), status (although its amazing how running something like an RSC introduces you to lots of different people/interests) or for the cash (ok...maybe the $5 pints we negotiated with our boozer was the clincher!).

However, in dealings with the people in these groups in and around Ibrox it became more apparent that the supporters who had been involved in these circles (many for a long time) represented many different points of view on the current state of our great club. Slowly, i've become more educated to the state of our club. Personally, since i've had my own dealings with the club the more worried i've become.

I've now had a variety of experiences with those involved at RFC at different levels from the ticket office, RSL manager, Commercial Manager and also a member of the current management team (although not MB or SDM directly). I believe we have some good people at the club however there's a culture of looking after certain people/groups that is unhealthy. The club has a 'we know best' attitiude in their dealings at just about all levels and that any supporter inputs or suggestions are dismissed as ill-informed or simply not something the club has the balls to undertake. Simple adminstrative tasks are a chore, promotion/marketing of the world's most successful club is not on the agenda and the lack of professionalism is eye opening from the CEO's "can we keep this meeting private" request to official club letters that lacked any level of structure or thought.

Why do I share these experiences? Simply WE DESERVE BETTER!

In the spirit of the OP's excellent post, I'd like to express disatisfaction with the public explanation being given by Murray, Smith and McCoist for the decision to accept an offer for Boyd.

According to these captains of industry, there was no decision to sell Boyd, it was simply a quirk of fate that the only offer that came in was for our top goalscorer.

Now I might not be entirely neutral in my assessment of these clowns but it appears they are saying that our available playing staff is in the control of other clubs...... that our own board of directors and team management have abdicated all decision making as to who plays for Rangers. Are they taking us for fools?

They are all saying that Rangers need to sell a player but who we sell and who we are able to put on the field is up to others to decide. If that's the best they can do to deflect blame from themselves then they really should have spent more time thinking about it. The club is being run by liars who are prepared to pull the wool over anyone's eyes who will let them.

Well said mate.

when i read that in the paper i could not believe it .Walter must know all my personal details before i say anything about Rangers maddness .im sure all the hacks that were there pulled him up on this .:brick:

Quote from one of today`s papers.."The situation is clear.We need to sell a player and we can`t dictate who come in for a player.Birmingham came in for Kris Boyd and he did`nt want to go.No one else has come in for him.People keep talking about losing Kris Boyd but what if its another player?We`ve got plenty other players who,nearer the transfer deadline someone else could come in for.It`s not just Kris Boyd!"..W.Smith

Thing that gets me in all this,why accept the first bid!!

It's now official. Anyone using the World Wide Web to offer opinions or suggestions has to be treated somewhere in between child molesters and drink drivers.

As the journalists all gather in a " wagon train circle " mentality to protect their medium in a last ditch effort to keep selling newsprint, more are attacking internet users branding them idiots etc.

The latest today being Bill Leckie. Now I usually agree with his stance on most things but his latest volley on the use of the internet is out of order.

So come on Bill, you give us your personal address and we'll give you ours.

I know it is your livliehood your protecting but there's no need for the name calling.

It's now official. Anyone using the World Wide Web to offer opinions or suggestions has to be treated somewhere in between child molesters and drink drivers.

As the journalists all gather in a " wagon train circle " mentality to protect their medium in a last ditch effort to keep selling newsprint, more are attacking internet users branding them idiots etc.

The latest today being Bill Leckie. Now I usually agree with his stance on most things but his latest volley on the use of the internet is out of order.

So come on Bill, you give us your personal address and we'll give you ours.

I know it is your livliehood your protecting but there's no need for the name calling.

We live in a small window of freedom - with the ability to voice an opinion that the whole world can hear but before the internet becomes so heavily policed and censored that no anonimity will be allowed or tolerated. In the short time available to us to exercise these freedoms, I suggest we all make the very best use of them to challenge these people who would otherwise manipulate and spin without question. Frankly, the freedom provided by the internet scares them shitless and none less than Murray.

Biggordy, this is probably one of the most relevant topics I've seen on this forum in my short time here and it's so important to get your point across to as many as possible. I hope more people will add to this debate, it surely deserves as much visibility as possible.:thup: