Final Boyd thread.

However, as you are entitled to your opinion, others are entitled to theirs. IMO a striker has to have more in his locker than scoring goals. All my goalscoring heroes offered so much more than simply putting the ball in the back of the net. I want Boyd, or any other Rangers striker to live up to that reputation.

As for the question in bold, to please this bear, he needs to improve on his attitude, his fitness, his link-up play, his control, his pace, his ability to hold up the ball, his awareness of those around him (team-mates as well as opponents). If he can improve on some of those areas, this Bear would be delighted.

Cammy F

You are entitlied to your opinion as am i.

But put the boot on the other foot

You have a striker with all these attribtes in abundance but he cant hit a cows arse with a Banjo , who would you prefer to lead the line for your team ?

Answers on a postcard ............... ;) ;)

You are entitlied to your opinion as am i.

But put the boot on the other foot

You have a striker with all these attribtes in abundance but he cant hit a cows arse with a Banjo , who would you prefer to lead the line for your team ?

Answers on a postcard ............... ;) ;)

But all of our current strikers can hit a cows arse with a Banjo - the last one we had who couldn't was Sebo and he was treated as some kind of hero by a huge section of our support.

Cammy F

But all of our current strikers can hit a cows arse with a Banjo - the last one we had who couldn't was Sebo and he was treated as some kind of hero by a huge section of our support.

Cammy F

Think Sebo was a tryer but true he couldnt hit a cows arse with a Banjo

but do remember him giving Celtic hell in one old firm but pity he couldnt come up with the goals like Boyd ;)

It seems that behind almost all criticism of Boyd is a belief that he could somehow be more of a player if he would only adopt a different attitude.

Wrong, he is what he is, that's all folks. If you're going to drop him you need to say who you would put in his place - bearing in mind that you only have the current squad to choose from.

It's really that simple. Who would you play instead of Boyd? Then please explain how the team would be better off without Boyds goals this season because if there is one sure thing in all of this it's that not one of our current alternatives would have scored as many goals as Boyd.

Saturday summed up Kris Boyd - scored a goal then did nothing else.

Plenty of evidence in the game for boyd fans and non-boyd fans to mull over and evidence that they will believe enforces their opinion of Boyd.

However, lets get one thing straight - I don't believe any fan who doesn't rate Boyd as a player, as a striker et al is ANTI-Boyd. I certainly not anti-Boyd, just believe that he can improve on his all-round game and is systematic of the continued downsizing we are seeing at Rangers.

During the halcyon days, signing and pinning our title hopes on a big lump of a laddie from Kilmarnock would have been laughable. Boyd has his strengths no one is doubting that, but some feel that he has as many, if not more, weaknesses.

Cammy F

Referring to the points in bold.

All players in our squad have their strengths and their weaknesses. In picking your best XI you try and put together a team where the players strengths combine to improve the team and their attributes mask each others deficiencies to create the strongest XI.

Who goes into the XI. You take an individual player, you look at what he brings to the game and the results and maasure it agaisnt where he is lacking. You compare him with the players competing for his place. Does player x's attributes and weaknesses combine to give a greater contribution to the team than player y's? If so he starts.

Boyd, as stated is not the only one who could improve. But he makes a great contribution to the team. The reason I appear in the numerous threads defending him is that it is for me, an inarguable fact, that the criticism he receives is not a fair reflection of his contribution and his cost (always taken into consideration).

Cost �£400k, goals galore, top scorer every year he's been here. Questionable work rate at times, needs to improve all round game.

Then we have, say, Miller. Cost in excess of �£2mil, more than 5 times Boyd's price. No doubt on vastly greater wages. Questionable goalscoring, dry spells aplenty, inconsistent form. Wasn't even bringing work rate for a long spell in the last couple of months. But tries hard and runs about a lot.

Yet Boyd gets about 100x the criticism and negativity. Does that seem like a fair way to treat their contributions to the club.

Clearly it is not and that is why I get exasperated with many fans.

It seems that behind almost all criticism of Boyd is a belief that he could somehow be more of a player if he would only adopt a different attitude.

Wrong, he is what he is, that's all folks. If you're going to drop him you need to say who you would put in his place - bearing in mind that you only have the current squad to choose from.

It's really that simple. Who would you play instead of Boyd? Then please explain how the team would be better off without Boyds goals this season because if there is one sure thing in all of this it's that not one of our current alternatives would have scored as many goals as Boyd.

Referring to the points in bold.

All players in our squad have their strengths and their weaknesses. In picking your best XI you try and put together a team where the players strengths combine to improve the team and their attributes mask each others deficiencies to create the strongest XI.

Who goes into the XI. You take an individual player, you look at what he brings to the game and the results and maasure it agaisnt where he is lacking. You compare him with the players competing for his place. Does player x's attributes and weaknesses combine to give a greater contribution to the team than player y's? If so he starts.

Boyd, as stated is not the only one who could improve. But he makes a great contribution to the team. The reason I appear in the numerous threads defending him is that it is for me, an inarguable fact, that the criticism he receives is not a fair reflection of his contribution and his cost (always taken into consideration).

Cost �£400k, goals galore, top scorer every year he's been here. Questionable work rate at times, needs to improve all round game.

Then we have, say, Miller. Cost in excess of �£2mil, more than 5 times Boyd's price. No doubt on vastly greater wages. Questionable goalscoring, dry spells aplenty, inconsistent form. Wasn't even bringing work rate for a long spell in the last couple of months. But tries hard and runs about a lot.

Yet Boyd gets about 100x the criticism and negativity. Does that seem like a fair way to treat their contributions to the club.

Clearly it is not and that is why I get exasperated with many fans.

Fook sake, Millers done alot and not alot in his short time at Rangers - why does everyone jump on Miller when Boyd is being discussed? Miller has his faults, uut this is a thread about KRIS BOYD, NOT KENNY MILLER.

Kenny Miller didn't force Rangers to pay �£2M for him and I believe that Boyd will be on a similar basic and will probably be getting more due to goal bonuses.

So Boyd is a better player than Kenny Miller, so that makes him what exactly. Neither are Rangers class in my opinion and neither is faultless.

I criticise Miller as much as I do Boyd, however, Miller has a far better attitude than Boyd, even a blind man could see that.

Cammy F

Fook sake, Millers done alot and not alot in his short time at Rangers - why does everyone jump on Miller when Boyd is being discussed? Miller has his faults, uut this is a thread about KRIS BOYD, NOT KENNY MILLER.

Kenny Miller didn't force Rangers to pay �£2M for him and I believe that Boyd will be on a similar basic and will probably be getting more due to goal bonuses.

So Boyd is a better player than Kenny Miller, so that makes him what exactly. Neither are Rangers class in my opinion and neither is faultless.

I criticise Miller as much as I do Boyd, however, Miller has a far better attitude than Boyd, even a blind man could see that.

Cammy F

Because they play the same position and my arguement is that he gets far, far more criticism than is justified. The comaparative easy ride of another player severely lacking in ability and goalscoring talent who plays the same position effectively highlights my point. Miller was the obvious choice to illustrate my arguement.

Boyd makes a great contribution to the team.

Boyd gets more criticism, mor absue and more negative threads started in his honour than:

a) He deserves.

b) Players more deserving; Ferguson, Miller, McCulloch and most the players who have failed at left midfield this season.

Why a player who we only paid �£400k for, and who does his job and does it well, gets more criticism than anyone else in the squad is frankly baffling.

You might criticise them equally. Doesn't mean the online community as a whole give them their fair share of grief and I use predominantly this site to air my views.

Because they play the same position and my arguement is that he gets far, far more criticism than is justified. The comaparative easy ride of another player severely lacking in ability and goalscoring talent who plays the same position effectively highlights my point. Miller was the obvious choice to illustrate my arguement.

Boyd makes a great contribution to the team.

Boyd gets more criticism, mor absue and more negative threads started in his honour than:

a) He deserves.

b) Players more deserving; Ferguson, Miller, McCulloch and most the players who have failed at left midfield this season.

Why a player who we only paid �£400k for, and who does his job and does it well, gets more criticism than anyone else in the squad is frankly baffling.

You might criticise them equally. Doesn't mean the online community as a whole give them their fair share of grief and I use predominantly this site to air my views.

I know people who believe implicitly in intelligent design and are prepared to argue long and hard to defend it.

It makes no sense, has no foundation in fact or evidence, and is based in fairly equal measure on prejudice and ignorance. Unfortunately that won't stop them from doing everything they can to promote it.

Perhaps the critics of Boyd aren't so very different.