Post Split

Is there any way the SPL can screw us over post-split ?

As we all know the SPL seem to have definite leanings to our "friends" in the East End.

So, when we get to the split what is the likelihood that THEY will get 3 home games whilst we get 2 ? Or is it formulaic ?

This whole "split" is a joke anyway !!

I think there is supposed to be a random element to the games post split but I'm not sure exactly how they go about formulating the fixtures.

I don't think you could find anyone with a cohesive argument for the split. It's a complete embarassment which invites derision from anyone who cares to take an interest in our game.

Although it's not perfect, I do think it can make the last 10 games of the season much more interesting and motivates the middling teams to make a lot more effort. With 10 games to go most of the teams have something to play for compared to a 16 team league with everyone playing twice.

In the latter you have about 8 teams with bugger all to play for and we're talking about a load of meaningless games between the likes of say Falkirk and Ross County.

So although is vastly flawed with a small country like ours with two teams taking about 70% of the fans, it definitely adds interest and increases the attendances and viewing figures. And I think THAT is why we stick with it.

My understanding is that we will definitely ahve 3 home games as every team must play 19 home, 19 away.

The SPL try and predict who will finish in the top 6 and bottom 6 so that when the fixtures are produced by the computer, no team will end up playing 3 times away to another post split. However when a team breaks into the top half, or unexpectedly falls into the bottom half it cocks everything up and you may end being home or away 3 times to one side. The total numebr of home/away games however does not change.

That is my understandint, but it may not be compeltely correct.