Overall this qualifying campaign has been a disaster from the performances on the park to the boozegate stuff off the park and the way that was handled.

For us to not even get 2nd in the group reflects it in the end.

I wanted to see us in South Africa but had we sneaked in the back door it would have been through sheer luck more than anything else. the likes of N Ireland have gave their group a real go and far deserve a play off spot more than Scotland do.

The SFA dont help things, its now 11 years and counting since we were at WC 98 but we have a mess of a organisation running things who ban 2 key players and hamper qualification. The whole system needs sorted out in scottish football from top to bottom including those who attempt to run it and the structure of the domestic leagues.

The Craig Brown days look glorious compared to what we have right now. How Walter managed to pick up us in such mess and put is in a great position is beyond me. We've falling like a pack of cards again since then.

I think we have some good players that just need coached right. We have 3 quality keepers in Gordon, McGregor (has to be recalled) and alexander.

Our midfield looks good if K Thomson comes in to play with Brown, Fletcher, McFadden and Commons.

We just need a manager who will come in and get them playing well again.

Considering it will, at best, be 14 years between France 98 and our next tournament appearance we need a manager who will pick his best players regardless of age and supposed experience.

I.e. Pick Davie Weir if he's the best available.

Pick Kevin Thomson.

Pick Kris Boyd not inferior, inexperienced forwards.

I know i'm picking Rangers players there. But we're the best team in the country. It stands to reason we have a number of the best Scots players.