With Dundee seemingly stick-ons for the First Division title for most of this season, I noticed when poring over the league tables this morning that ICT have come from nowhere (I think they were 5th or something at Christmas) to lead the table by a point with 7 games to go.

I have to say I'd be delighted to see ICT go back up, I know they've caused us problems in the past and a lot of Bears don't like the journey, but for geographical reasons if nothing else, I think it's important for the SPL to have Highland representation. And don't forget it's a thoroughly red, white and blue part of the country (and I ain't talking ICT fans). I felt for them a bit last season as they got sucked into trouble just in the last week or so.

The First Division's been a bit of a procession until the last fortnight or so, so it's good to see three teams (and two from the Highlands) up there at the business end of the season fighting for an SPL spot. It's perfectly conceivable for Ross County to win that division (they're stronger than some SPL sides IMHO), but I wonder what the implications of having a non-SPL standard ground would have for them were they to win the title.