As we all know, if Celtic fail to beat Utd tomorrow the league is ours. And I have read that some would prefer Celtic to win in order that we can win the league on our own. However, in looking at how things stand they are rather interesting :

We will win the league on our own merits regardless - a league is won over 38 games, not just 1 (or should that be 34 or 35 games.....)

But rather more interesting is if Utd defeat Celtic tomorrow. If they manage that then there will be just 4 points difference with 9 still to play for (3 games).

Utd then play us the following weekend whilst Celtic are at home to Motherwell. Whilst you wouldn't expect Well to take anything from Parkhead it is still feasible with how poor Celtic have been this season. Couple that with the fact that Utd play us at Tannadice that weekend and, with the league won if Utd take points off Celtic tomorrow, there is no reason why we shouldnt give our champions some much needed rest and bring in some youngsters.... which could yield a further 3 points for Utd....

Then onto the penultimate week where Utd will be away to Hearts (who look like they will have little to play for) and they will have known the outcome of the Old Firm game. We are more than capable of going to Parkhead and winning. If we do, and Utd take full points at Tynecastle, then the gap between 2nd and 3rd would be reduced by 3 points again.

The final weekend of league action sees Utd at home to Hibs. Tough game but certainly plausible that Utd could pick up full points. Meanwhile Celtic will be at Tynecastle and, whilst Hearts will have nothing to play for, Celtic could be in the position of looking over their shoulder at Utd and the pressure could result in an upset.

There are still many variables, and different outcomes could prevail, but it is not outwith the realm of possibility that a Utd win tomorrow sees Celtic in a very precarious, and real, position of not even taking 2nd place....

Guest Flying Hippo

Anyone who wants Celtic to win tommorow is a mong

Who cares if it's over before our game? We're away from home against a reasonably decent side and have only 800 supporters in the stadium

Anyone who wants Celtic to win tommorow is a mong

Who cares if it's over before our game? We're away from home against a reasonably decent side and have only 800 supporters in the stadium

I think this may, in part, have been stimulated by me.

I don't want Celtic to win tomorrow. But I also don't want our game being an anticlimax.

If I was pressed I want a Celtic defeat as always. But it would be nice to win it with a win at Hibs. As craig rightly points out though, however we win it (and we will win it), it will be down to us and not anybody losing the title. :spl: