Guest Pokeherface

Guest Pokeherface

The number of people it would take to gain control of the RST (assuming the high end estimate of approx 1500 members) 993 gives you a minimum of 51% of the vote. If people actually care about the RST but dont see it getting better, why not put our ten spots together and join as a group. we can elect the board we want and take it from there. The jump in membership would be a great help to the trust and if you complain that you wont join because it doesnt suit you, you can change it. it is easy for us to sit here bitching and doing nothing about it.

The number of people it would take to gain control of the RST (assuming the high end estimate of approx 1500 members) 993 gives you a minimum of 51% of the vote. If people actually care about the RST but dont see it getting better, why not put our ten spots together and join as a group. we can elect the board we want and take it from there. The jump in membership would be a great help to the trust and if you complain that you wont join because it doesnt suit you, you can change it. it is easy for us to sit here bitching and doing nothing about it.

Wouldn't trust the current board not to twist their own rules to block this happening tbh.

Guest Pokeherface
Wouldn't trust the current board not to twist their own rules to block this happening tbh.

yeah, you are right, far more sensible to sit on various mb's moaning about them. Im in!!

yeah, you are right, far more sensible to sit on various mb's moaning about them. Im in!!

Some form of positive action is obviously better than just moaning. I was merely responding to why I believe your suggestion would be doomed to failure. At no point did I suggest that we should just moan on message boards so kindly refrain from making stuff up. ;)

Guest Pokeherface
Some form of positive action is obviously better than just moaning. I was merely responding to why I believe your suggestion would be doomed to failure. At no point did I suggest that we should just moan on message boards so kindly refrain from making stuff up. ;)

People, even lords of doom, cant just make up rules and laws to suit themselves. If it is in the constitution, it happens whatever he or anyone else may want.

Worst case is you have 933 motivated individuals and nearly �£10k in an escrow account with which to base any future movement, rather than disparate folk moaning on MB's :) actions speak louder than words by far.

I doubt you'd need as many as that given only 35 or so attend the AGMs nowadays...

I also doubt anyone would seriously want to stage such a coup as I'm unsure that would improve the Trust's professional reputation in the eyes of the wider support.

Much better that the existing board take a long hard look at why they're failing and start actively involving their existing membership and potential members in such a way that makes them an organisation we can trust to achieve its aims.

I'm eager to hear how they plan to turn themselves around from the current laughing stock. I'm even more eager to judge actions rather than words.

Guest Pokeherface
I doubt you'd need as many as that given only 35 or so attend the AGMs nowadays...

I also doubt anyone would seriously want to stage such a coup as I'm unsure that would improve the Trust's professional reputation in the eyes of the wider support.

Much better that the existing board take a long hard look at why they're failing and start actively involving their existing membership and potential members in such a way that makes them an organisation we can trust to achieve its aims.

I'm eager to hear how they plan to turn themselves around from the current laughing stock. I'm even more eager to judge actions rather than words.

Short of certain/all board members leaving, they will not under any guise and with any new direction convince the doubters.

Any 'coup' would need to start off from a position of trying to build a reputation, not trying to buy the club so the professional reputation of the trust seconds after it happened would be irrelivant; it would be starting from a very low ebb and in need of moving onwards and upwards, exactly the position it is in just now.

A new fans group is a non starter, i think most would agree on that point so the options are limited. One of the main shouts from the 'anti' camp is that they are not spoken for by the trust, well, how exactly are they going to be represented? they obviously have an opinion on fan matters or they would not comment on trust threads. The old saying about evil flourishing because good men do nothing is particularly apt; many have a significant and deep rooted antipathy towards the current board, if their convictions are so strong, when exactly is the time for them to be acted upon rather than moaned about anonymously on an mb?

open an account, collect tenners and change the thing into what you want it to be instead of spending months on end complaining about the inner workings of a group you are not a member of. (not you personally you understand :D)

edit, the number 933 was specifically cited to put Mr. McCoists mind at ease. That number would guarantee that any shennanigans relating to proxy votes, postal votes or what have you would be irrelivant.

Edited by Pokeherface

Short of certain/all board members leaving, they will not under any guise and with any new direction convince the doubters.

Any 'coup' would need to start off from a position of trying to build a reputation, not trying to buy the club so the professional reputation of the trust seconds after it happened would be irrelivant; it would be starting from a very low ebb and in need of moving onwards and upwards, exactly the position it is in just now.

A new fans group is a non starter, i think most would agree on that point so the options are limited. One of the main shouts from the 'anti' camp is that they are not spoken for by the trust, well, how exactly are they going to be represented? they obviously have an opinion on fan matters or they would not comment on trust threads. The old saying about evil flourishing because good men do nothing is particularly apt; many have a significant and deep rooted antipathy towards the current board, if their convictions are so strong, when exactly is the time for them to be acted upon rather than moaned about anonymously on an mb?

open an account, collect tenners and change the thing into what you want it to be instead of spending months on end complaining about the inner workings of a group you are not a member of. (not you personally you understand :D)

Don't get me wrong; I understand the sentiment but I just don't think it is feasible. Who would organise such a takeover? Who'd sit on the board? Why would they have more credibility? What could they offer differently?

I agree that without substantial changes at board level, any 'new' Trust is unlikely to succeed. Despite the proclamations of innocence the mud has stuck and IMO at least 4 board members should resign completely asap. That may seem harsh given the legal opinion they've received but it is a must in the short-term.

It should be a convenient coincidence that a few of these same people are often at the heart of the controversy and division we read about. That will enable the new direction you mention and remove the immediate perception problem related to individuals who've had their time and failed. I'm sure deep down everyone knows that.

We'll hopefully soon see if that resource work is about to happen - in conjunction with the rest of the surgery required of course!