I was at Argyle house a week ago. The pitch has been removed and the sand base is down. The Copland has had a full paint job and looked fresh, the Broomie was getting done.

All concourses and kiosks are getting a full overhaul. That comes from the stadium managers mouth. They are spending �£1.8M on them alone.

All concourses and kiosks are getting a full overhaul. That comes from the stadium managers mouth. They are spending �£1.8M on them alone.

I thought you said previously that the club weren't going to be paying for that?

Guest Dutchy

Of the 3 matches I've managed to get to last season, 2 were in the mainstand, which has always looked older, because it is. The other one was in the Broomloan and I didn't think it looked TOO bad.

But then again, I wouldn't.

It certainly looks nicer after the close season and a coat of fresh paint, but I'd heard that the screens weren't working. They weren't on when I was there, so what's ths score there?

I heard that the screens cost sixteen grand each just to be looked at therefore the club were leaving it until the summer to have them fixed. The company that fixes them are in Turkey so I believe they are to be pulled out soonish. (I think it was discussed at the AGM)

Guest Dutchy

The best use of the big screens would be for beam backs in Europe, or similarly important games, but the SPL, SFA and UEFA probably have something to say about all that. I know there was one game beamed back in the 90's, but can't remember if they used the screens, or set up a special bigger one.

I never used to watch the big screens during a game, unless play had stopped and someone was getting a booking. There was never a replay to decide if the ref had got it right, on any decisions that is.

The big screens should be removed and sold rather than fixed. There were plans about 4 years ago to remove the Jumbotrons to make room for more seating. Combined with lowering the pitch to allow extra front seats to be installed, the plan would have added around 5000 extra seats. That number of extra seats would pay for themselves in no time because the club would make an extra couple of hundred grand off of every old firm fixture at Ibrox and the same from any glamourous European nights which are sell outs. This is something which Whyte really needs to look at seriously because increasing the stadium capacity is a developement which will pay for itself quickly and increase the club's income in the long term.

Guest Dutchy

I'd be all for getting rid of the screens. Why do we need them when there's a game going on, as well as the prospect of more seats sounds like the best option.