Cowdenbeath statement 4/7/12

I think we need to get away from this idea that others are motivated by "hate", it's far too easy, and worse than useless.

I think most people are agreed that the whole system of Scottish football needs changed and has been sick for some time. With 20/20 hindsight it's very easy to see that the SPL was a bad idea from the start - a wee country like this needs ONE organisation, well structured and equable, to be in any way efficient.

The smaller teams are indeed envious of us and Celtic, understandably so - the scales have been weighted heavily in our favour for 15 years, how should we expect them to feel?

The idea that they hate us in particular is nonsense - I think they would have behaved in a very similar manner if Celtic had gone through the shit instead of us.

The whole system has been so skewed that some clubs would probably happily go to the wall rather than continue in this false league governed entirely by the Sky dollar.