5459fdebc623d8908312fbf56cc3b92a_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST was pleased with his sideâ??s second half display after a disappointing start saw them fall behind to East Stirlingshire.

The Rangers boss was delighted by the turnaround that saw them run out 5-1 victors, but he admits the response to going a goal down wasnâ??t as quick as he would have hoped.

He said: â??I donâ??t actually think our initial response was great. I thought we were ok in terms of our response but I thought we got going maybe after about 20 minutes.

â??Iâ??ve been saying all week that weâ??ve been a little bit concerned about our defending, especially against Peterhead.

â??And again it was a poor decision and I have no problems with the penalty and that was not the start that we would have wanted.

â??It took us a bit to get going but once we did I thought we were alright. We created a staggering amount of chances.â?

McCoistâ??s side got in front before half time but it was their display after the interval that he was most pleased by.

He added: â??Our second half performance I was very pleased with. I thought we had some good individual performances within the team and played some really good football.

â??I thought we looked comfortable on the ball and created good goal scoring opportunities and I would hope in the next few weeks that we brush up on our finishing.â?