Dunfermline Athletic hope to score with fundraising Christmas single

Jim Leishman and Dunfermline Athletic hope to score with fundraising Christmas single

Dunfermline FC legend Jim Leishman hopes to be pitch perfect and net the Christmas number one single.For the first time since the Pars players warbled their way through the EastEnders theme back in 1984, the team have decided to work together in harmony to tackle the pop charts.

Now, they're dreaming of a Christmas hit with their new single, Come on D.A.

It features the first team, Big Jim and Big Country's Bruce Watson and son Jamie. It was written by Steve McOuan, long-term Pars fan and star of Dunfermline band Shamanic.

The single is another effort to raise funds for the cash-strapped club.

''I first had the idea to write a new Pars song a few years back for the Mary Leishman Foundation,'' Steve said.

''However, unfortunately, at the time it did not materialise.

''So when I heard that the club had some financial issues I decided I'd bring the idea back to life.

''I wanted to write something that would mean something to a Pars supporter, something a bit catchy that would stick in their heads, so I hope we have achieved this.''

Pars stadium manager Kenny Arnott said: ''Steve came to me with the idea and the song and between the two of us we got Bruce and Jamie from Big Country involved.

''Liam Saunders at Loopmaniac in Dunfermline kindly gave us use of his recording facilities and his production skills free of charge.''

Steve said nothing would have been possible without everyone banding together.

''Jim Leishman, as ever, added his personal touch in a line which he wrote himself,'' he added.

The single is available through shamanicmusic.co.uk. It will also be available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify from today.