Big Chuck Keeping Busy-billmcmurdo

[h=1]Big Chuck Keeping Busy[/h]Posted on February 16, 2013 by billmcmurdo

I said yesterday there would be good news for Rangers fans and now the club have confirmed that Charles Green has been in talks with Standard Liege regarding cross-border leagues â?? something the Belgian side are also very interested in.

As I blogged previously, Green has been a busy man, travelling all over the world on Rangers business and he is determined to make good on his promises to do all he can to get Rangers out of the Scottish football cesspit.

The talks with Standard Liege chairman Roland Duchatelet were productive and it is encouraging for Gers supporters to see the Chief Executive building a solid network of support across Europe for the club.

I have said so before and repeat it here â?? despite reports to the contrary, Charles Green is well-known and respected throughout the world of football and has contacts his peers can only dream of.

In this narrow-minded footballing backwater, this only serves to make Big Chuck more envied and despised by the snivellers in the Scottish game.

Green has further ramped things up by writing to Prime Minister David Cameron and putting forth Rangersâ?? case for a move.

This all seems a tad unnecessary if you believe the way some high-ranking and presumably university-educated media executives in Scotland think about the relationship between Rangers and the government.

Surely all Chuck has to do is dial the hotline to the special Rangers phone on the PMâ??s desk?

I better stop saying stuff like this or it might make the headlines:

â??Rangers Blogger Confirms Government Conspiracy!â?

After all, some papers will print any old drivel from certain bloggersâ?¦

More good news is the change of name for the training facilities at Auchenhowie. Fans are keen to see this long-standing promise of Green become real and it looks like it wonâ??t be long before they get their wish.

Charles Green has said the fans will have their say on this so whatever the name chosen, it should be popular with the people who matter i.e. bluenoses.

Good news I want to be sharing is Rangers finally adopting â??We Have An Anchorâ? as the official hymn of the club.

I am aware that prominent bluenoses are lobbying the club for this and I certainly endorse the idea.

The hymn is, of course, the anthem of the Boys Brigade, another fine Protestant institution started in Glasgow in 1883.

The BB is responsible for churning out thousands of well-bred, upstanding young men â?? including yours truly â?? and the hymn is a great expression of Christian faith.

It is also a powerful anthem for Glasgowâ??s biggest team and this video will help evoke strong emotions in my readers, I am sure.

If you agree that Rangers should adopt this great old song as the clubâ??s official hymn, let the club know.

Letâ??s get it done â?? and bring back â??The Billy Boysâ? while weâ??re at it!

With modified words, of course

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/big-chuck-keeping-busy/