Stalemate Blues Again For Ally

100c9dca03642d3643dbd8ed1039a858_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST insists he understands the fansâ?? frustrations after Rangers were held to a goal-less draw for the second week running.

It was another disappointment at Montrose following a stalemate with Stirling Albion last week.

The manager reckons his side should have taken the lead in the early part of the match when they dominated and accepts that Ranges did not create enough in the second period.

He said: â??I thought first 25 minutes was our best period of the game and thatâ??s when we could have and should have scored.

â??We had some decent opportunities during this time but things went a bit flat after that.

â??The positive thing is that it was our third clean sheet in a row but the disappointing aspect is that we did not create nearly enough in the second half.

â??We effectively had three up front with Templeton and Crawford playing wide of Hemmings but they ended up a bit deep at times.

â??We do have the option of putting Lee McCulloch up front but he settles us down at the back and Emilson looks a lot more comfortable as does Chris Hegarty.

â??We really donâ??t have two strikers at the moment because I donâ??t think Kal Naismith is an out and out striker and we obviously have the problem with Fran Sandaza while Kevin Kyle has left us and Andy Little is injured.

â??We just want to get over the line. Of course we wanted to win the game but that point might just win us the league.

â??I can understand the frustration from everybody â?? and we are just as frustrated â?? but we can only play with the cards we have been dealt.

â??Itâ??s a disappointment when you donâ??t get the results you want but thatâ??s when you have to work very hard to turn things around.

â??We have had two goal-less draws which is disappointing but we are one point closer to the Championship.â?

Read more on the official site...

“We really don’t have two strikers at the moment because I don’t think Kal Naismith is an out and out striker

You could have 8 strikers but you would still play 1 upfront and another on the right wing. All season at least 2 strikers have been available and AM has played 1 upfront.