e615c787b2f85cf06510c8d1eb939a8d_S.jpg

DAVID TEMPLETON feels a lack of experience in terms of winning prizes is costing Rangers as they make hard work of clinching the Third Division title.

For the second week in a row, the Light Blues were held to a 0-0 draw as they failed to break down Montrose at Links Park this afternoon.

They can still claim the crown later today, but only if Queenâ??s Park lose at Hampden Park to Elgin City.

If Gardner Speirsâ?? men avoid defeat, the championship will stay alive until midweek at least when the Spiders come up against Berwick in a rearranged fixture.

With five games still to go, Gers are a point closer to claiming the prize and the likelihood is they will finish top of the table.

Indeed, they may already have more points than their closest challengers will gather over the course of 36 games.

Nevertheless, they are struggling to finish the job and Templeton concedes the pressure to deliver is taking its toll.

Many of the younger players in the squad are clearly still learning their trade and are getting their chance to play when they might not have otherwise.

And Templeton said: â??Weâ??re trying to get over the finishing line but a lot of the boys have never won a title before, myself included.

â??I think weâ??ve maybe not got that mentality yet of grinding out the results we need to get the title won.

â??Weâ??ll need to improve next week and make sure we play a lot better so that we put on a good show for the fans and give them a title to celebrate.

â??There are a lot of young boys here who had never played first-team football before this season.

â??Having played 30-odd games by the end of the season, that will have helped them massively going into next year.â?

Templeton was one of Rangersâ?? most prominent players in the opening 20 minutes or so, when they played their best football of the match in Angus.

He was amongst those who had chances to score and he feels if one or two of the opportunities had gone in, the Light Blues would have gone on to win comfortably.

Templeton added: â??At the start of the game we felt quite sharp and I thought we began quite well. I had a shot from distance I should probably have done better with.

â??Lee Wallace had a good chance too and the keeper made a good save but we should probably have taken both of those opportunities.

â??If we did that, weâ??d probably have on to score a few more but we went in drawing 0-0 at half-time and they then came out in the second half and had a go at us.

â??I understand the fans are frustrated. They travel in their numbers and they obviously want to see good results.

â??We basically didnâ??t play well enough in the second half and thatâ??s why they werenâ??t happy. Weâ??ve got to get ourselves sorted and play better so that we can get them smiling again.â?

Read more on the official site...