dea1e1a7352ffb274866812d6df35af9_S.jpg

CHARLES Green and Ally McCoist today released the following statements:

Charles Green said: "I spoke with Ally McCoist today and we are agreed that despite the wild and outlandish allegations tossed around by Craig Whyte, the one thing that matters most is the rebuilding of this Club.

"I am totally committed to that and Ally is exactly the same. Neither of us will be deflected from our task. We share the same goal and we will be successful no matter who or what attempts to get in our way.

"I made it absolutely clear to Ally that there was never any possibility of Whyte returning to Ibrox and I also stressed that this man has no claim on any of the Clubâ??s shares or assets.

"I could have waited until after the Queenâ??s Park match at Hampden tomorrow but I met with Ally today. I wanted to make sure he understood what Whyte is trying to do because, like every other fan, our manager has a right to know if the disgraced former owner still has any involvement in this Club.

"I told Ally that is not the case and that there was never any possibility of Whyte being involved with my group.

"Ally knows and accepts that I cannot be held responsible for Whyteâ??s ramblings or his ridiculous claims. But Ally is a fan and he would have been alarmed at the re-emergence of Whyte and his claims.

"Along with all the good and loyal Rangers fans Ally has lived through the brief but calamitous Whyte era and the very mention of this man's name is enough to have even the strongest of them concerned. But there is no need for any anxiety.

"Rangers FC, no part of it and none of the assets will ever fall into Whyte's hands. If I have to I will stand at the front door and deny him entry.

"I can guarantee every single fan that I will not let them down and that Whyte has no claim on any part of this great Club.

"I have told Ally that and I have told him the truth of the matter, just as I have always done. He knows what we are doing and where we want to take this huge Club and Rangers FC will return to the very top.

"Whyte will have nothing to do with that and he will never benefit from it either. That is an absolute fact and I just wish the media would stop pandering to a man who is clearly out of touch with reality."

Ally McCoist said: "Yes we spoke and Iâ??m glad we did. I never believed that Charles had entered into any kind of agreement but it was important to have a chat after what the former owner had been putting about in the papers.

"I am a fan and it would be devastating to have this man back anywhere near the Club he almost destroyed."

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...