Gersnet Rules reminder

The following simple rules have been posted on the forums for over six years and I'd like to remind everyone of them:

Guys:

The regulars will know that Gersnet is very relaxed in what can be posted on the forums. However, for all the new members we've had of late, let me make the few rules we do have clear:

For the most part anything goes but we do ask everyone to refrain from the following:

1. Abuse/Insults: I will not stand for any Gersnet member being abused or insulted.

2. Unsubstantiated allegations about any subject: all subjects can be debated but unless you have proof, let's keep everything on the level.

3. Respect: The best thing about about this forum is that all opinions are found in all forums which creates interesting discussions on a wide variety of topics. That means you will disagree with others on a daily basis. Please accept opposing opinions will exist so take them in the good faith they are offered.

Any problems whatsoever with the above; pm myself, Zappa or the rest of the admin team.

Thanks to everyone for making Gersnet a great wee place to chew the fat.

Today I had to ban someone for breaking these rules despite several warnings asking them politely to abide by them.

While I can accept the period in which we post here now is somewhat different from 2008, I will not accept other members being abused and insulted - especially the hard-working staff on here.

Emotions are high and we're happy to let folk let off steam on here but only within reason. If you can't temper your criticism of people associated with the club then I suggest you do not post - for example, immediately after bad results. If you do post then if you can't do so by the rules, then don't expect any favours from us.

Finally, myself and the rest of the team work hard to provide this forum at no cost to anyone. There's no intrusive ads, no countless emails, no selling of merchandise and no censoring of opinions. We don't ask for thanks and all we expect back is a bit of respect for the site and all those that use it. If that's too much for anyone, then please go elsewhere.

Erm, Merry Christmas... :whistle:

Edited by Frankie

• 1 month later...

Another bump for this reminder thread.

Following some abuse of other forum members late last night three threads had to be chopped and 'the wasp' was banned today after repeatedly ignoring previous warnings.

Please take note.