RST SPL Scotsman Fanzone - 26/03/08

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=1

Without wishing to trigger a sense of deja vu amongst the Fanzone's loyal devotees, Rangers won at the weekend without playing particularly well. I really do wish I had a pound for every time I'd said that this season. On the positive side, Thomson and Papac were outstanding, and Thomson's return to form could prove very useful with Dailly picking up an injury.

Kudos to the Chairman for an excellent gesture by cutting juvenile season tickets (and the freeze on adult tickets was welcome too.) Scottish football as a whole doesn't do enough to attract the next generation, so credit where it is due to Murray for leading the way. Can't say I was quite so impressed with the gesture to buy the away tickets for Lisbon. The cynic inside me says that has been paid for and more by the over-the-top price rise for the home game. Still, overall, a decent week on and off the park.

So, the small matter of the Old Firm game. While it would take a braver man than I to predict the outcome, I'm happy enough with our place and form going into this game. And after last season, that'll do for now! And, who knows, we may even be talking about the football after the match rather than the ref/fans/goalkeeper antics! How great would THAT be?

David Edgar