KYLE LAFFERTY has vowed to fire Rangers to the SPL title after declaring himself fit for the run-in.

The 21-year-old hitman has handed Gers a massive boost by revealing he is close to a top-team return.

Lafferty suffered ankle ligament damage in the draw with Hearts last month and it was feared his season was over.

But after battling back, the Ulsterman has set his sights on Celtic and the Old Firm title crunch at Ibrox on May 9.

Lafferty said: ââ?¬Å?The injury is getting better all the time. In fact I am ahead of schedule. Iââ?¬â?¢ve already done a bit of ball work and a bit of running this week. Iââ?¬â?¢m getting there.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m looking at the first game after the split. I have my hopes riding on that.

ââ?¬Å?But if not that game then definitely the Old Firm game a week later.

ââ?¬Å?Thatââ?¬â?¢s the one I desperately want to be involved in.

ââ?¬Å?There is still so much to play for and Iââ?¬â?¢m bursting to get back. Iââ?¬â?¢m desperate to be involved in the title run-in and a potential Scottish Cup Final. Iââ?¬â?¢ve already had the heartache of a cup final defeat to Celtic, so I think all the lads are more determined to get to this final and win it.

ââ?¬Å?But we have St Mirren first and we also have five massive matches in the league.

ââ?¬Å?The championship is the one we all want.ââ?¬Â

Lafferty�s debut season in Scotland has been plagued by injury problems.

His latest set-back came just when it seemed he had finally found his feet.

It�s been a frustrating, sometimes depressing, ten months.

But the �£3.25million summer buy from Burnley is confident he will have the last Laff.

He said: ââ?¬Å?When this latest injury happened people were talking about my season being over. That worried me a bit.

ââ?¬Å?But the results of my scan were far more positive and Iââ?¬â?¢ve got my head down in training.

ââ?¬Å?It was frustrating to pick up another injury. My studs got caught in the turf as I tried to turn, but it could have been a lot worse.

ââ?¬Å?I was due some luck because Iââ?¬â?¢ve not had a lot where injuries have been concerned this season.

ââ?¬Å?First of all it was my back, then I had a few niggles and now this one to my ankle.

ââ?¬Å?I keep on saying ââ?¬Ë?I hope thatââ?¬â?¢s itââ?¬â?¢, but I keep on getting cursed. Hopefully that will be it this time.

ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s been frustrating because I felt I was doing well. The gaffer had given me my chance up front and the goals were coming.

ââ?¬Å?But I only lasted three or four games then I picked up this latest injury. Hopefully I can get back and play my part in the run-in.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2388648.ece