MADJID BOUGHERRA has insisted that he is totally committed to Rangers and has no thoughts of leaving after post-match quotes at Hampden today were misinterpreted.

The Algerian defender was interviewed in the media mixed zone after the 3-0 Homecoming Scottish Cup victory over St Mirren and appeared to say that he would seek a transfer if Rangers did not win the SPL.

However, nothing could be further from the truth. What Bougherra was trying say was that if you don't have what it takes to win a title then you should play for a lesser club.

Bougherra told rangers.co.uk: "First of all I have to say to the fans that I have no intention of leaving Rangers.

"I was trying to say that if you don't have the mentality to win a championship then you should not be at a club like Rangers.

"I did not express myself properly in English and I believe what I said sounded bad to the supporters listening to the radio.

"It is my dream to win the title with Rangers and that is something I hope we can achieve.

"I want to make it clear that I am very happy to play for Rangers and I want to have success this season.

"It is great that we are in another cup final and we have five games left to win the league."

Bougherra is suspended for the first post-split fixture with Hearts on Sunday, May 3.