Obviously still 3 full weekends away from the Premier League starting but just wondered who the current favourites will be for winning and relegation.

Man U start as favourites and are going for a first ever 4 in a row. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez means they are 50+ goals a season down (in all comps) and to lose that has to have an effect. They will still likely bring in a new face or 2 but so far I cant see Owen being a goalscoring replacement.

I wonder how Chelsea will do under Anchelotti. This time last year everyone was raving about Scolari and they would be favourites but I said he wouldnt last the full season. They will be there or there abouts.

I dont like to say it but I fancy Liverpool to be one step stronger this season and push Utd all the way. One of the positions they struggled to compare with the others was full backs and signing Glen Johnson certainly improves them. I still think their squad players arent as strong as Man U and chelsea but if they hold onto Alonso and get a partner for Torres then their first XI will be as good.

A lot of people are writing off Arsenal but I think they will be stronger also IF they get luckier with injuries, but already Nasri has a broken leg!!! They signed a centre half from Ajax (?) which was badly needed. But if Rosicky gets fit then it will be like a new signing. I still think Wenger needs a quality keeper and a midfielder now that Narsi is out. Upfront Van Persie will be awesome and if Eduardo gets fit then they could have some pairing.

Man City: They will certainly be a top 8 side but Hughes is going to have to keep a lot of ego's happy and gel the team quickly. He still needs better defensive players to give them a chance of making the top 4. If he gets Terry (no chance IMO) and Lescott then they will be in with a shout of top 4.

Winners:

Im going to say either Arsenal or Liverpool will win it!!

Relegation:

It will be 3 from Burnley, Birmingham, Wolves, Stoke, Hull, Wigan, Bolton and Portsmouth to go down. Id guess Burnley, Wigan and Portsmouth at the moment.

As much as I hate saying this but Arsenal won't get a sniff this season. Wenger has brought in a defender who was desperately needed but they still lack a proven ball winner in the central midfield position.

That big lump Adebayor has finally left and I'm wondering who Wenger will bring in. Chamakh from Bordeaux? No thanks. Like the central midfield position, he must go for someone proven. I'd have liked to see Wenger go for Huntelaar.

I think Man Ure will win the league with Liverpool, Stoke and Hull getting relegated.