Turks and Germans after Boyd

I can't be the only one who sees "�£50k a week" and thinks "horseshit"? :confused:

It stinks of BS to me. Trabzonspor are quite a big club with some quality players, but it's still not one of the top 2 in Turkey who are the one's you might think would maybe pay those sort of wages.

KRIS BOYD is back on Hertha Berlin's hitlist as they frantically try to land a striker before the transfer window slams shut.

The Rangers ace is one of three targets the German giants are considering.

Hertha are desperate to replace Andrey Voronin who has returned to Liverpool after a loan spell last term.

But they are strapped for cash and that has seen Boyd, out of contract at the end of the season, come into the equation again.

Hertha general manager Michael Preetz is working overtime to bring someone in for coach Lucien Favre, with the August 31 deadline less than a fortnight away.

Reports in Germany claim freed Celtic striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink is their No1 target.

The Dutchman rejected an offer from French side St Etienne this week and has been training with former side FC Twente.

But Boyd, who hit 31 goals last term, is believed to be next in the pecking order after he was targeted by the club before. He has yet to receive any offer to keep him at Ibrox beyond this term.

And Hertha are now believed to be weighing up tabling a small bid for the 26-year-old.

But they face a fight to land him after we revealed that Turkish sides Trabzonspor and Kayserspor are willing to pay Gers �£1.5 million and offer Boyd �£50,000-a-week.

The third target on Hertha's list is Inter Milan's Victor Obinna.

Meanwhile, Boyd has vowed to end a seven-year hoodoo at Tynecastle on Sunday.

He last scored there for Kilmarnock player in August 2002.

Boyd said: "I feel I can rectify that."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2597219/Berlin-target-Boydy-again.html