Thanks mate :D

Just reading stuff on-line yesterday and it triggered some questions really. First I was thinking about our reduced squad and our financial situation. Then I wandered into what celtic could do to us. Then I was wondering (again) why on earth they didn't bury us in January instead of signing Willo Flood. Then I remembered they only made �£2m profit last season despite playing in the CL.

Then I wondered what they'll do now that they've spent cash but probably won't be in the CL - I wonder if they calculate that they'll make a loss this season, and how they'll react? The I was wondering how much Desmond has taken out of celtic and what he'll do next. Preference shares, MON's included etc. So i fired up their recent report and that's when my mind REALLY started to wander :D

Can't shake the thought that (despite past performance) all could actually not be very well across the city. So the �£3m above is effectively future known liabilities relating to preference shares?

I haven't seen their 2009 accounts but I assume that they only made �£2m despite being in the CL due to their high wage bill.

They didn't spend big in Jan because they were so confident they would win the league without it.

they'll make some money from the revised europa Cup but I'm surprised that they have spent so much (relatively) this close season, but perhaps they have been forced to given their squad, in the same way as we had to last year.

I expect they will make a loss this year, but they have the scope to do so given the low level of debt. However they may start to get a bit more worried if they fail to win the league again over the next couple of years.

As for DD, he is just allowing Celtic to run as a stand-alone business. He probably has no plans to put any further cash into it, and he can allow one year of bad results. It'll be interesting to see the reaction if it continues, as I said above.

I haven't seen their 2009 accounts but I assume that they only made �£2m despite being in the CL due to their high wage bill.

They didn't spend big in Jan because they were so confident they would win the league without it.

they'll make some money from the revised europa Cup but I'm surprised that they have spent so much (relatively) this close season, but perhaps they have been forced to given their squad, in the same way as we had to last year.

I expect they will make a loss this year, but they have the scope to do so given the low level of debt. However they may start to get a bit more worried if they fail to win the league again over the next couple of years.

There's a link here if you can be arsed mate.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_140809152149.aspx

Actually they've put it down to exceptionals and transfers etc - they made a big OP. Also useful that they show some info than RFC in terms of breakdown in a lot of cases. I do wonder if they'll turn a profit this year, and just wondering how they'll react next summer (esp if we retain the SPL, as you say).

I'd also say there is a good chance that their ST's are down as much as 7-8k. I read on VB today that the unofficial attendance on Saturday was 51k which has got to be a worry for them.