Allardyce - No move for Morten

The viking warrior who delivered a hammer blow to Scotland's World Cup dream is desperate to fulfil his Champions League ambitions with a move to SPL leaders Celtic.

Norway midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen has been linked with a January move to Parkhead and the left-sided Blackburn attacker, who scored twice as George Burley's team were thrashed 4-0 in Oslo, is eager to make the switch once the transfer window opens.

Talks on a new contract at Ewood Park began in August, but there has been little progress while Pedersen has not been guaranteed a place in Sam Allardyce's side.

Pedersen said: 'Celtic play regularly in Europe and, for all players, that is a bonus. I've never played Champions League football and that is obviously something I dream about doing.

'Celtic are a big club, a big name in Europe. They have a good reputation, a big and famous support and they always compete very well.'

Pedersen's agent, Rune Hauge, claims that a number of clubs are interested in signing his client - but it seems a switch from mid-table mediocrity in the Premier League to the top of the SPL and a tilt at the Champions League has huge appeal to the 28-year-old.

'I have a fierce competitive instinct and want to play football every week,' he said. 'I believe I should be playing.'

The fee for a player who becomes a free agent at the end of the season should not be a problem for Celtic, although matching his current wages may still prove to be a stumbling block.

Celtic have, however, finalised the �£2million capture of South Korean star Ki Sung Yeung, agreeing terms on a four-year contract that begins on New Year's Day.

The deal to sign the reigning Asian Young Player of the Year was rubber-stamped yesterday after Department of Employment officials granted a work permit.

'I am delighted to sign for Celtic, a club with a tremendous history, which is known throughout the world,' the 20-year-old told the official club website. 'I know Celtic has some of the best fans in the world and I'll do all I can to show the fans what I can do.'

Georgios Samaras, meantime, insists he is happy to accept the mantle of penalty-taker after another Celtic spot-kick miss.

Barry Robson saw his penalty saved by John Ruddy in Saturday's 3-2 win over Motherwell, while Aiden McGeady and Scott McDonald have also both failed from 12 yards recently.

On-form Samaras, who has netted five goals in his last four games, said: 'I scored a couple of penalties last year and have taken them for the Greek national team. 'If the manager asked me to do it for Celtic then, it would not be a problem.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1235620/Viking-ace-Morten-Gamst-Pedersen-set-Celtic--Blackburns-Norway-winger-praying-Parkhead-move.html#ixzz0ZepbD9MJ