Gazza_8 at Tannadice

That clip was posted earlier in the week NC, never looked at it then but on looking at the clip you posted that looks more to me like someone putting their hands to their heads in an "aw naw" fashion.

I watched this clip a few times the other night & it could easily be that he's struggling to hear a message being sent out on their radio's because of the celebratory noise from the Rangers support & that he's simply trying to cover his earpiece to hear the message going out to the plods.

I thought, like Craig, that it was a "head in hands" reaction. But the youtube vid where the guy has repeatedly shown the copper's reaction bemoaning his celebration of a Rangers goal made me laugh. Hope it was a cleabration (though don't believe it was) just to get it up the tims. :D

No need to apologise for being wrong. :flipa:

The movement is far too dramatic (for want of the word i'm looking for) and the timing too coincidental for it to be adjusting his hat or listening to the radio imo.

The word 'sorry' in that context isn't an apology though. You should know that being such a slick writer S_A... :D

Anyway, here's how I see it - There was a message being broadcast over the coppers' radios before the goal, then when the goal went in & the Gers support erupted in voice, the guy instantly put his hands to his ears to try to block out the noise & hear the police message being broadcast.... Simples! :)

Edited by Zappa

Would it even have been so wrong if he had pumped his fists or whatever, I've not heard of a law against it even if it would be slightly unprofessional. Perhaps would have been looked upon as incitement I guess. I'm reminded of the referee who appeared to celebrate a Liverpool goal a few years back...

Would it even have been so wrong if he had pumped his fists or whatever, I've not heard of a law against it even if it would be slightly unprofessional. Perhaps would have been looked upon as incitement I guess. I'm reminded of the referee who appeared to celebrate a Liverpool goal a few years back...

Good point tbh. Who really gives a sh*t other than the coppers' superiors? The mope that made a big deal of this particular one is obviously a total muppet that needs to get a life.

I've seen tons of footage where stewards are celebrating goals in Europe, but it seems that it's only a big deal when it suits certain people. Personally, I couldn't care less if a copper or steward celebrates a goal. It's a total non-event.