Martin & Bardsley loans...

I read an interview with Fergie and he said that Martin was almost here last year to help Eck but they felt he was just a bit immature instead he was sent to the less hectic Belgian second division. Fergie said that as long as his young players get a game, Ibrox is a great place to for his young players as it gets them used to big crowds and playing under pressure.

Funny that Strachan is trying to repair burnt bridges with Fergie now we are tapping in to the Manu youth.

I have a bit of mixed feelings on this, i hate Rangers being a nursery club to anyone but Rangers but i suppose it makes financial sense.

the things that's annoying me about these man u boys are a would love if rangers could get to sign them..

But no chance we could bad thing about a good loan signing if they do amazing there going to be wanted back home

the things that's annoying me about these man u boys are a would love if rangers could get to sign them..

But no chance we could bad thing about a good loan signing if they do amazing there going to be wanted back home

I agree mate if it was a try before you buy it would be a lot easier to swallow.

I read an interview with Fergie and he said that Martin was almost here last year to help Eck but they felt he was just a bit immature instead he was sent to the less hectic Belgian second division. Fergie said that as long as his young players get a game, Ibrox is a great place to for his young players as it gets them used to big crowds and playing under pressure.

Funny that Strachan is trying to repair burnt bridges with Fergie now we are tapping in to the Manu youth.

I have a bit of mixed feelings on this, i hate Rangers being a nursery club to anyone but Rangers but i suppose it makes financial sense.

I think that Fergie also respects PLG's man-management otherwise why loan them out to us ? If this is the case then it must bode well for the other Rangers-bred youngsters that are coming through.

Yeah, isn't it funny that Strachan seems to be trying to bury the hatchet.

I agree Re being a feeder club Pete but in these instances I believe it is in our best interests. PLG had just arrived at the club, finances are tight and if you look at the positions these young guys are playing in then they are fighting for places with other Rangers youngsters (Adam and Hutton) and also in positions which we ALL felt needed strengthening.

The 2 Manu U kids definitely look like they strengthen for us, they also give PLG more time to determine if Adam, Hutton and others are good enough for his team at the same time as we don't spend a boat-load of money on them.

I will give you an example..... would you rather have Bardsley coming in on a short-term basis having cost nothing and his wages will be relatively small OR would you prefer to bring in an "experienced" Bosman who requests AND gets large wages but you find out he isn't very good and you then can't shift him because of the wages (ala....... Bernard, although that was obvious). It is a no-brainer to me Pete - but in the long-term I agree that I would prefer we found and bled in our own youth.

I think that Fergie also respects PLG's man-management otherwise why loan them out to us ? If this is the case then it must bode well for the other Rangers-bred youngsters that are coming through.

Yeah, isn't it funny that Strachan seems to be trying to bury the hatchet.

I agree Re being a feeder club Pete but in these instances I believe it is in our best interests. PLG had just arrived at the club, finances are tight and if you look at the positions these young guys are playing in then they are fighting for places with other Rangers youngsters (Adam and Hutton) and also in positions which we ALL felt needed strengthening.

The 2 Manu U kids definitely look like they strengthen for us, they also give PLG more time to determine if Adam, Hutton and others are good enough for his team at the same time as we don't spend a boat-load of money on them.

I will give you an example..... would you rather have Bardsley coming in on a short-term basis having cost nothing and his wages will be relatively small OR would you prefer to bring in an "experienced" Bosman who requests AND gets large wages but you find out he isn't very good and you then can't shift him because of the wages (ala....... Bernard, although that was obvious). It is a no-brainer to me Pete - but in the long-term I agree that I would prefer we found and bled in our own youth.

I can only agree craig that is what i meant by it being good financially.

I think the ginger gnome will have to grovel big time to get back in Fergies good books. Fergie does not forget easily.

I can only agree craig that is what i meant by it being good financially.

I think the ginger gnome will have to grovel big time to get back in Fergies good books. Fergie does not forget easily.

Also not sure if Fergie would think that his youngsters would get the proper tutelage under Strachan.... plus, Bardsley said that Fergie was a HUGE Rangers man, so if it comes to us or them I am sure Fergie would press for his youngsters to go to us :D

Would be nice if Fergie deemed Martin and Bardsley "surplus to requirements" (Hey, we can all dream you know !!)