Boruc in shock threat to quit

Boruc signed a two-year deal with the Florence side after agreeing a �£1.7million switch, but he has been unable to oust number one Sebastien Frey and has had to content himself with a place on the bench.

He has revealed he is beginning to wonder if he took the right path after quitting Parkhead and looks sure to look for a new club in January should he fail to win over head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Boruc said: "I came to play. If this will not change, I will change my club.

"I accepted the offer because Fiorentina are an important club and I wanted a change after so many years at Celtic.

"However, it is difficult to say whether I made the right choice.

"I can't continue on the bench in Florence.I am glad to be back in the Polish national team and played well in our recent game in Ukraine.

"I will fight for my place, but, if the situation doesn't change, I will simply change clubs."

Mihajlovic has insisted Boruc will be given every chance to challenge Frenchman Frey, who was widely expected to

leave Fiorentina during the transfer window.

Mihajlovic said: "Frey and Boruc are both number one choices.I have been picking Frey because he is already a leader of this team and knows Serie A well.For the moment, this is my choice.However, if Boruc plays well when he gets the opportunity, he could keep the gloves."