CELTIC and the SFA are at loggerheads after the Hoops again complained about refs to Hampden beaks in the build-up to an Old Firm game.

SunSport revealed yesterday that angry Celts chiefs had written to demand answers over Dougie McDonald's penalty U-turn at Tannadice on Sunday.

Just eight months ago they complained to the governing body days before a game against Rangers at Ibrox, over what they saw as a string of high-profile derby decisions going against them.

No one from the SFA was available for comment last night.

But it's understood they are livid over what they view as Celtic creating unnecessary mischief by leaking a private letter to the media in the run-up to the opening Old Firm clash of the season.

Celts, though, want a full explanation as to why McDonald awarded a spot-kick against Dundee United for Dusan Pernis' challenge on Gary Hooper, only to change his mind on the advice of linesman Steven Craven.

They were also left deeply unsatisfied by the comments of refs' boss Hugh Dallas 24 hours after their 2-1 win.

He claimed that Hoops gaffer Neil Lennon had 'accepted the decision was correct' in a post-match chat with McDonald.

Lennon had to be calmed by the fourth official before being spoken to by McDonald on the touchline at the time of the incident.

And yesterday Lennon told the club's website he still feels aggrieved.

He stated bluntly: "I accepted the explanation, but still the decision rankles with me.

"I did the interview after the game and then I went to see the referee. I accepted his explanation of why he changed his mind. But I still don't agree with it."

Willie Collum will take charge of the Old Firm derby for the first time this weekend.

Meanwhile, Rangers chief executive Martin Bain will today have a conference call chat with SFA counterpart Stuart Regan over improving disciplinary procedures.

Bain, at his club's AGM on Monday, slammed the events which saw Allan McGregor charged and then punished with a one-game ban over an incident with Aberdeen's Chris Maguire at Pittodrie a full two weeks earlier.

The news broke as the keeper was preparing to play for Scotland against the Czech Republic in a Euro 2012 qualifier.

And his ban was decided on new man Regan's first day at the helm and only 24 hours before McGregor was outstanding against Spain.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3191673/Beaks-reffed-off-with-Celts.html#ixzz133rgk174