Proxies / IP spoofing / Anonymising networks

This should be obvious, but just so that people know, as it has came up recently. We do not allow registered users to hide their IP while using the forum. It's good to use anonymising tools, and it's perfectly fine to use them to read publicly accessible parts of the website. It's not OK for the private forum, where each person has to be able to be identified uniquely - this is how we keep out timposters, and ensure people don't bypass bans. Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately having to bump this thread because it's come to our attention that certain forum members are using the tor anonymising system. We don't allow people to browse the site without using their own IP. This means no proxies or tor. You're obviously more than welcome to continue using the site, but please use your own IP. We know that anonymising is a good and important thing online, but we can't allow it here. If you continue to use proxies or tor, we'll have to close your account.

I don't hide though. I was in Thailand, Dubai and Kuwait since i started to post so i'd imagine there was some weird ones, i was on from a plane too i think?

I use TOR when i'm doing online banking outside my home ISP. It can't be cracked