Compare and contrast?

The most "explosive" game prior to last nights farce, in my mind has to be the game in which thompson and Sutton got sent off, Celtic got done, and unlike last night the ref seemed afraid to yellow card celtic players, the main benefactor of which was the current celtic manager who probably did enough to earn 2 red cards... After the match Martin ONeill "lost the plot".

We seemed to be given yellow cards solely on the reaction of the crowd, and the ref seemed to ignore multiple fouls on our forwards/midfielders while penalising them for next to nothing (e.g. whittakers first yellow)

I can't remember the media reaction, but I'm sure it was Lovenkrands (i think he was involved in thomspons red card) and the ref that got the blame, not celtic who played like animals. Yes we had a few bad challenges, but it wasn't a thuggish display nor a particularly dirty game. It was just poorly refereed. Anyone who says that didn't influence the game is obviously ignoring the fact that with 10 men you change a game, and whittaker was just beginning to get some joy down the right with the diagonal flick ons where the celtic fullback struggled. He got sent off before we could exploit this properly.

Apologies if I've mixed up incidents in games, but Celtic as a club disgust me, they are liars and cheats, and have everybody except us believing them or glorifying their averageness...

Last night was not a dirty game - in fact I can only remember two really bad challenges; one from Kayal and one from Bougherra.

The referee lost the plot; not the Rangers players.