Young Greg Wylde says kids are set to roll off Murray Park�s production line

Gregg Wylde today revealed there are more Murray Park wonderkids waiting to force their way into the Rangers first team in the near future.

Lightning-quick left-winger Wylde is the latest in a long line of teen sensations to force their way into Walter Smith�s side in recent times.

The Kirkintilloch lad played in a narrow Europa League defeat to Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven last Thursday night and did brilliantly well.

And he followed up on that mature showing with a fine individual display in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final win over Celtic at Hampden on Sunday.

His performances were further evidence that, despite frequent claims to the contrary, the Scottish champions� much-maligned multi-million pound training complex in Milngavie is working.

Indeed, Wylde has followed in the footsteps of Darren Cole, Kyle Hutton and Jamie Ness by making the breakthrough into senior football during the 2010/11 campaign.

That hugely promising quartet have themselves been inspired by the likes of John Fleck, Andy Little and Danny Wilson ââ?¬â?? who won a big money move to Barclays Premier League club Liverpool last summer ââ?¬â?? before them.

The latest youngster to leap to the attention of the Light Blues faithful is hoping to be involved in the push for the SPL title between now and May, despite Vladimir Weiss, who had been nursing a bruised foot, being fully fit again.

He is also confident he will soon be joined in the first team by many more of the boys whose progress has been overseen by Billy Kirkwood, Jimmy Sinclair and Tommy Wilson.

Wylde, who turned 20 yesterday, said: ââ?¬Å?To be honest, I have been a wee bit surprised to get into the first team in the way that I have. I was totally shocked when I was chosen to play against PSV Eindhoven and delighted to stay in the team for the cup final.

ââ?¬Å?The two games I have played in since coming into the team were massive and I am sure they will stand me in good stead for the remainder of the season. Our next game is against Dundee United at Ibrox on Saturday week. Hopefully, I can get a game in it.

ââ?¬Å?There are quite a few games to be played between now and the end of the season and the aim is to make that position down the left flank my own.

ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t know what is happening with Vlad at the end of this season, but if he goes back to Manchester City I will by going after his place.

ââ?¬Å?It has been a great year for the academy kids. The gaffer has called up a lot of the young boys, Darren, Kyle, Jamie and myself, and given us the chance in the first team.

ââ?¬Å?There are a lot of talented young players working hard behind the scenes at Murray Park. I am sure that in the seasons to come there will be many more of them who come to prominence.ââ?¬Â

Wylde, the son of former Kilmarnock player and current Clyde assistant manager Gordon, has been influenced by many of the coaches in the youth set-up in the five years he has spent at Rangers.

But Manchester United and England superstar Wayne Rooney is the one person who has given him the most inspiration as he has fought his way up through the ranks.

Rooney shot to the attention of the football world when he was just 16 at boyhood heroes Everton and has since gone on to win the Champions League with United and become one of the world�s best players.

Wylde said: ââ?¬Å?There have been a fair few coaches who have been a big help to me over the years. But I think if you want to get on you have to take responsibility for yourself and put in the work that is going to help you make it. You canââ?¬â?¢t look to anybody else to do you any favours.

ââ?¬Å?The guy I really look up to is Wayne Rooney. I think his attitude to football is unbelievable. His desire for the game and his will to win is so impressive. There is a lot you can learn from watching how he goes about his business.ââ?¬Â

Despite his delight at the unexpected cup final victory over Old Firm rivals Celtic ââ?¬â?? which was secured when Nikica Jelavic slotted home a dramatic extra-time winner off the post ââ?¬â?? Wylde was sorry for opposing centre-half Charlie Mulgrew.

The youngster has known the versatile player, who also hails from Kirkintilloch, for many years and turned out for the same youth outfit as him when he was starting out in the game.

He explained: ââ?¬Å?We played for the same team together when we were young and I still speak to him from time to time. I didnââ?¬â?¢t see him after the game on Sunday and I havenââ?¬â?¢t spoken to him since the final, but he is a friend and I did feel for him.

ââ?¬Å?It was quite strange to be playing against him in, but I was totally focused on helping Rangers get the victory and will be doing exactly the same thing between now and the end of the season if I get the chance.ââ?¬Â

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/young-greg-wylde-says-kids-are-set-to-roll-off-murray-park-s-production-line-1.1092440