Neil Lennon has vowed to change the way he operates after reflecting on a season which has seen him make more headlines than his team.

The Parkhead boss can sign off his first year in charge with a Scottish Cup win tomorrow.

But, even before the curtain comes down on a season of unprecedented drama on and off the field, Lennon has taken stock and identified what he will do differently.

He admitted he has had his eyes opened to how he is viewed by some people, but insisted: ââ?¬Å?That is their problem, not mine.:awesome:

ââ?¬Å?If they canââ?¬â?¢t really see what is going on, or they do see it and just wonââ?¬â?¢t admit it, then they are the ones with the problem and not me.ââ?¬Â:wanker:

Asked if, in light of all that has happened in the past 12 months, during which chief executive Peter Lawwell claims Lennon was demonised in some quarters, the manager hopes people will look at things differently next season, he replied: ââ?¬Å?They might do, but I donââ?¬â?¢t think they will because they are so tunnel vision in their ways.:P

ââ?¬Å?Whatever I do, I canââ?¬â?¢t force them to change their views on things.

ââ?¬Å?What I will do is I will view things in a different way in my approach to some areas of the job.

ââ?¬Å?I will deal with that at the start of next year.ââ?¬Â

The trouble kicked off for Lennon this season when he challenged referee Dougie McDonald�s version of events after changing his mind about awarding Celtic a penalty at Tannadice.

But Lennon remains convinced the fall-out from this ââ?¬â?? with McDonald and refsââ?¬â?¢ boss Hugh Dallas losing their jobs ââ?¬â?? vindicated his actions.

He said: ââ?¬Å?What we were looking for was a bit of transparency in the way referees were dealing with things.

ââ?¬Å?We as a club seemed to have the finger pointed at us.:wtf:

ââ?¬Å?We all know what happened. A referee or officials lied to me, then the story broke through with an official coming out and telling the story that that was the case.

ââ?¬Å?It had nothing to do with our club.ââ?¬Â;)

Lennon accepts he remains on a very steep learning curve, but believes he has got more wrong than right on the way.

He told Channel 67: ââ?¬Å?I donââ?¬â?¢t think we have done a lot wrong domestically.

ââ?¬Å?All managers make mistakes. It doesnââ?¬â?¢t matter if they are in their first year or their 25th year.ââ?¬Â

He added: ââ?¬Å?We wanted to win the league. That was a priority, and it is a huge disappointment we have not done that.

ââ?¬Å?But this is hopefully the start of something special at the club for the next four or five years.

ââ?¬Å?Preparations have already started for next season in terms of adding to the squad and trying to bring more quality in, though weââ?¬â?¢re really happy with the players we have got here, and the improvements and progress we have made.

ââ?¬Å?But Iââ?¬â?¢m here to win trophies, and obviously the championship is the big one for me.:grin:

ââ?¬Å?We got 92 points, but that wasnââ?¬â?¢t enough, for some reason, and we will have to improve on that next season.

ââ?¬Å?Statistics donââ?¬â?¢t mean a great deal. Whatââ?¬â?¢s so important to this club is having trophies at the end of the season.:awesome:

ââ?¬Å?Weââ?¬â?¢ve one more opportunity to do that, and we will give everything we have got because the players and supporters deserve it for their efforts this season.ââ?¬Â

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/neil-lennon-i-will-change-1.1102655?40877

A bit disingenuous of the paper to suggest Dallas lost his job because of lies to Celtic is it not? Did he not lose his job for the pope joke email?

“We got 92 points, but that wasn’t enough, for some reason,

Trying to muddy the issue here. For some reason = Rangers were better. Nothing shady or conspiratorial about that.