Manager confirms Argentina scouting trip

I'll look into that Velez lad u asked about. Yeh sure I can throw something together to go up. I'll get on the case soon. Just swamped with heaps of Spanish study at the moment. But I'm sure I can find the time;-)

Brilliant!

I think it�s safe to say we all need to re-ajust and accept Craig Whyte is not going to be a high profile owner. He will make statements now and again but from what i have been able to find out he has always done things very quietly. I will guess he will employ a new PR guy that will be his voice between CW and the fans.

Some will say when you are the owner of Rangers you need to have a bit of a profile and engage with the fans more, which i would really like to see. But instinct tells me that is not going to happen. The main thing we all need is patience. I know that does not come easy to a lot, myself included, but lets all try and sit on our hands and wait.

The transfer window is always like a game of poker, Ally got back from his Euro and South American scouting trip yesterday or the day before, so give him a few days to get his feet back on the ground then i am pretty sure he�ll be in his new office at Ibrox with his phone jammed to his ear as well as priming our new scouting team for their jaunts around the World when the pre-season starts.

I also feel we will get a few surprises, good ones. I sense there will be hastily arranged press conferences and a player being unveiled that we didn�t even know we were looking at. The reason being so no one hijacks the player :uk:

Guest Dutchy
Harsh...plus Rozental was Chilean. Rozental was a top prospect and started well until his injury. He was Chile's 3rd striker behind Salas and Zamorano.

Talking of which...Sebby is still only 34!

I wasn't necessarily being too serious about Sebby, I was as excited as anyone else when he came and equally disappointed when things turned out he way it did.

Do you not think there would be some Chilean players playing in Argentina as well, they're right next door to each other, with a border measured in the 100's of miles, rather than the Scottish/English border of about 70-80 miles.

Still, I've read today that Ally has come back empty handed, but he's had further talks with Whyte, as I would expect him to if he's identified any players of interest.