Manager confirms Argentina scouting trip

Ally should look me up and i'll give him some tips seeing as i'm here.

My list of players i think are good enough to play for us from currently playing in Argentina:

Santiago Silva (Velez),easily the best striker in the league. Bit of a late developer and due to his age (30)we may get him at a fair price. Velez won't sell him to anyone else in the country. Stumbling block with Velez is the have a cracking side, i think they will win the Argentina Clusura so they will want to keep the group together.

Silva is a big lad but with a bit of class and heaps of passion. He was on load at Banfield a couple of years ago and he scored 18 in 19 games to help them win thier first ever Argentine title. He's class.

Velez have another lad called Juan Manuel Martinez, another striker and i really like the look of him.

Here's a link to a goal he scored just the other night and another link for a goal by Silva.

Silva:

Martinez:

Another i like is a guy called Erik Lamilla, plays just in behind the striker for River. He's a bit raw but i think he's got a good future ahead of him.

Saw Olimpo vs River a few weeks ago and there was a centre midfielder called Martin Aguirre. Ran the show, stocky little guy but had it all.

A Columbian lad called Guttierez had been good 9 goals in 15 games, making a name for himself here.

Monzon, a defender for Boca is also young and pretty good however if i were Ally i wouldn't be shopping for defenders here.

Watched Velez vs Penarol from Uruguay last week in the Libertadores semi final and a lad for Penarol was class. Alejandro Martinuccio was his name, he's actually Argentine and i think this is his first real break through season. Could do with working on his finishing but he is fucking RAPID and gave Argentina's best team the run around all night.

My list of players i think are good enough to play for us from currently playing in Argentina:

Santiago Silva (Velez),easily the best striker in the league. Bit of a late developer and due to his age (30)we may get him at a fair price. Velez won't sell him to anyone else in the country. Stumbling block with Velez is the have a cracking side, i think they will win the Argentina Clusura so they will want to keep the group together.

Silva is a big lad but with a bit of class and heaps of passion. He was on load at Banfield a couple of years ago and he scored 18 in 19 games to help them win thier first ever Argentine title. He's class.

Velez have another lad called Juan Manuel Martinez, another striker and i really like the look of him.

Here's a link to a goal he scored just the other night and another link for a goal by Silva.

Silva:

Martinez:

Another i like is a guy called Erik Lamilla, plays just in behind the striker for River. He's a bit raw but i think he's got a good future ahead of him.

Saw Olimpo vs River a few weeks ago and there was a centre midfielder called Martin Aguirre. Ran the show, stocky little guy but had it all.

A Columbian lad called Guttierez had been good 9 goals in 15 games, making a name for himself here.

Monzon, a defender for Boca is also young and pretty good however if i were Ally i wouldn't be shopping for defenders here.

Watched Velez vs Penarol from Uruguay last week in the Libertadores semi final and a lad for Penarol was class. Alejandro Martinuccio was his name, he's actually Argentine and i think this is his first real break through season. Could do with working on his finishing but he is fucking RAPID and gave Argentina's best team the run around all night.

It is the ones with the dodgy knees that we will be looking for.:sigh:

You know,I always think clubs could do no harm in fans alerting them to players,even just drawing their attention to them,I understand that managers and scouts of Rangers would think they are better judges than fans and like to think they have enough contacts regarding posssible signings,but would it be so difficult for them to even pay a little bit of attention to fans who are spread all over the globe?,I'm being serious here,why can't there be some sort of thread/link on the club web site where fans could just post information on what players they think might at least be worth looking at?,makes perfect sense to me.

You know,I always think clubs could do no harm in fans alerting them to players,even just drawing their attention to them,I understand that managers and scouts of Rangers would think they are better judges than fans and like to think they have enough contacts regarding posssible signings,but would it be so difficult for them to even pay a little bit of attention to fans who are spread all over the globe?,I'm being serious here,why can't there be some sort of thread/link on the club web site where fans could just post information on what players they think might at least be worth looking at?,makes perfect sense to me.

I have sent a few e-mails to Rangers in the past pointing out talent in the 2nd division in Holland but never ever got a reply. Honda who was with VVV in the 2nd division at the time was one and he eventually went to Russia for 9 mill euro's.

Then again, we may end up witht the next Rozenthal!!!!!

Harsh...plus Rozental was Chilean. Rozental was a top prospect and started well until his injury. He was Chile's 3rd striker behind Salas and Zamorano.

Talking of which...Sebby is still only 34!

Harsh...plus Rozental was Chilean. Rozental was a top prospect and started well until his injury. He was Chile's 3rd striker behind Salas and Zamorano.

Talking of which...Sebby is still only 34!

Sebo Sebo!!!:D

Silva:

Martinez:

That was a fantastic long ball to set up Silva in that first clip and a nice goal too. Even with his age would Silva not be pricey?

That Martinez goal was a cracker! He might well be way out of our price range though. Only 25, just renewed his contract, wears the No.7 jersey and shared an award with Messi?

What about the youngster Vuletich who broke into the Velez team briefly this year?

This lad sounds really interesting. Not blessed with height, but if he's as fast as you say he could maybe be very versatile moving between playing as a striker and winger?

What about writing a 'Scouting in Argentina' article or two for Gersnet mate? You've pretty much got the makings of one here. The Gersnet writers forum is now open to everyone for posting article ideas, rough drafts etc and finished articles can be published on the main site where they'll also go out on Newsnow and other news wires. If you did a monthly or bi-monthly article it's sure to get noticed by one or two people at the club... :D

I'll look into that Velez lad u asked about. Yeh sure I can throw something together to go up. I'll get on the case soon. Just swamped with heaps of Spanish study at the moment. But I'm sure I can find the time;-)