5 reasons I loved that season.

Pete thanks for the reply, I'm new here and wanted to dip my toe in the water. The countless European disappointments are well documented.

Walter and the team were pretty diabolical in Europe in 9iar bar 92/93. There are no excuses for that. But I feel it was a lack of overall experience at that level which caused us to be so poor. Walter learned a great deal at national level and his second spell saw victories over Lyon, Stuttgart, a draw with Barca, victory over Bursaspor, and a draw at OT. Not to mention the Uefa Cup run.

What are your feelings about Ally?

Hi 54, His tactic not tactics got us to the final and when his tactic failed we lost that final.

If you are going to defend Smith then I don't feel that invoking his European record will bring you success.

Your point about 10 out of 12 I’ve answered in the above post.

For the record I’m an atheist so christ has no say in my life.

If he had won 12 out of 12 and the EUFA cup I would have been happy in what had been done, but not the way it was done.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not a fan of Ally being given the job. I don’t think that we should ever appoint a rookie.

So would you have expected a big name foreigner, a home grown manager...who?

Walter and the team were pretty diabolical in Europe in 9iar bar 92/93. There are no excuses for that. But I feel it was a lack of overall experience at that level which caused us to be so poor. Walter learned a great deal at national level and his second spell saw victories over Lyon, Stuttgart, a draw with Barca, victory over Bursaspor, and a draw at OT. Not to mention the Uefa Cup run.

What are your feelings about Ally?

I feel that Smith was better in his 2nd spell.

Of the games you mention think about the 2 Lyon games. If you can beat a team away from home 3-0 then why couldn’t you take a draw from them at Ibrox?

Smith also had a few shockers in his 2nd spell. The Kaunas 1 being in my view the worst.

What’s your point of view on Ally being appointed?

I don't know who. Do you think that the way forward is a rookie? I don't.

Well Walter was a rookie and it led to 9iar?

I don't know how I feel about Ally, as I have said in this thread. All I can say is I'm behind him 100% and hope he can hit the ground running. We can't afford another PLG.

I feel that Smith was better in his 2nd spell.

Of the games you mention think about the 2 Lyon games. If you can beat a team away from home 3-0 then why couldn’t you take a draw from them at Ibrox?

Because there was no pressure at the Gerland, while there was nothing but at Ibrox. Teams can be better when not under pressure to get a result.

Smith also had a few shockers in his 2nd spell. The Kaunas 1 being in my view the worst.

What’s your point of view on Ally being appointed?

Kaunas was terrible but the team we put out that day was pretty awful.