Gers Could Move For Miller

We brought through some very good youngsters last year, only because our squad were hit by injury...

No, it wasn't just because our squad were hit by injury. When young Darren Cole and Kyle Hutton played in our Champions League games there were other options, but these young guys were given a chance at the highest level. I think the reason for that was that Walter recognised that we needed to bring through more of our top youth players. We can speculate as to why he decided that; was it the club's financial problems, was it a long term vision or was it just the success and selling of Danny Wilson or a combination of those plus other factors? We'll probably never know, but one thing is for sure; Cole and Hutton didn't get CL experience because we were stricken by an injury crisis. No chance.

if Hemmings has ability (although I dont know much about him) then he'll come through, but if someone like Miller keeps him out then so be it.

That was really why I mentioned Hemmings because I'd rather he wasn't kept out of the coming season by someone like Kenny Miller. We all know that we're moving into a new era and I think the groundwork has been done for that new era to be slightly more focussed towards bringing through and developing some of our top youths. We don't need to fill the whole team with them, but we need to give the best young guys a chance beyond the odd ten minutes here and ten minutes there in the first team.

Right now we've got 6 players over 30 in our first team squad and if Miller signs again that would be 7 players over 30. That's a lot of over thirties for a small squad like ours. I'm sure Miller could do a job for us, but it's time to move on from him and it's time to give younger players a chance.

Bursaspor have made their valuation of Miller's worth - it's �£400,000. I can't see how they can think he is worth more now. Ok, he's on a longer, larger contract, but to me that is made irrelevant when you are the wrong side of 30 - players' values start to drop after 30, as do their wages.

They also got him during the best spell of his career when he was scoring massively, that no longer seems to be the case. He's now an older, worse player who is unhappy and I think they will do well to get their money back on him - and they are hardly in a great bargaining position considering the huge wages they are paying him, which will be a massive drain on their resources if he's not firing on all cylinders. They may have money, but I don't imagine they can afford to burn it.

I would be seriously disappointed in the new board if they offered even a penny over 400k for him.

Maybe that's why we didn't make the CL last 16....Walter should never had rested players and brought in youngsters.

Look at the team sheets for last season. Walter played plenty of youngsters.