Gersnet article writing - Read this if you're interested

Guest Dutchy
I think it will work well for those who need a kick up the bottom to jot their ideas down and for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a rota there's no reason why they can't just contribute as and when they have the ideas and the time on an ad hoc basis. :thup:

I have to say that I prefer that as opposed to writing on demand. I find I'm have memory problems these days, I never clear up the empty bottles the way I used to.

Guest Dutchy
Will I take your name off the list then Dutchy?

Best to take it off the rota list, yes. I've been thinking of writing more detailed, longer articles, but it's best I do that at my own pace. If I do write something, where or on what section should I post it???

I don't know if I can write on demand but as ever I will try and get something written at some time.

I think it will work well for those who need a kick up the bottom to jot their ideas down and for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a rota there's no reason why they can't just contribute as and when they have the ideas and the time on an ad hoc basis. :thup:

I want to say something about this:

Firstly, the idea isn't to get people writing 'on demand' pete. It's just to get together a list of people who are interested in writing the occasional article and then roughly take it in turns amongst us to provide maybe an article each week or fortnight for Gersnet to publish. If a week is missed out, no big deal. As I said in the OP, it would just be an informal schedule/rota with no pressure on anyone to stick to it.

Secondly, it's completely fine if some people want to contribute something as and when they like, but let's not forget that Gersnet goes through relatively long periods of no articles being written at all and when something is written it's normally been Frankie who's done it. The idea here is simply to encourage people to write and get involved in contributing to the sites production of content to publish. An informal rota for article writing might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it surely can't be a bad thing either if it helps out Gersnet as a whole by encouraging some forum members to put their thoughts down into opinion pieces and articles. We've got some really great writers on the forum who hardly ever write something intended to be published on the main site and perhaps all that's really needed is for them to be encouraged a little which is what this is all about.

I think both options can work in tandem. Rota for those who are happy to be included. And anyone who cant or doesn't want to commit to that (in as much as it will be a commitment) can contribute as and when they have the ideas.

Not trying to detract from the rota idea as I think that would be a good way of giving some good writers a prompt. But anyone who has a one off idea can also chip in. :thup:

I think both options can work in tandem. Rota for those who are happy to be included. And anyone who cant or doesn't want to commit to that (in as much as it will be a commitment) can contribute as and when they have the ideas.

Not trying to detract from the rota idea as I think that would be a good way of giving some good writers a prompt. But anyone who has a one off idea can also chip in. :thup:

I got your point the first and second times you mentioned it. :thup: