Lafferty won't be driven out

Guest superrcooper7

Guest superrcooper7

Ally McCoist is confident Kyle Lafferty will not allow sectarianism in Scotland to drive him away from Rangers.

The Northern Ireland international saw his car window smashed at a petrol station near his home in Glasgow last week.

Celtic striker Anthony Stokes was recently targeted by thugs, while Hoops boss Neil Lennon was a sent a 'viable' explosive device earlier in the year and Niall McGinn and Paddy McCourt were sent bullets in the post.

McCoist admits the actions of a minority continue to cause problems for the rest of Scottish football, but he is optimistic regarding contract negotiations with Lafferty.

"I think we are all sick of it (sectarian attacks). So Kyle's no different from the rest of us," he said.

"Anthony Stokes' window gets panned in, and Kyle gets his car done. It's a sad reflection on society but I still think we are getting better.

"But I don't think what has happened would stand in the way of Kyle signing a new deal. I would certainly hope not anyway."

Nonsense

McCoist was responding to comments made by Lafferty in which he aired his frustration at being targeted by thugs during what should be a special moment in his life.

"I'm doing okay, but I'm sick of all this nonsense - there's no need for it," he said.

"All I want to do is concentrate on my football with Rangers and my relationship with Nicola, and I can't wait for the birth of our baby in three weeks' time.

"These are exciting times for me and I don't need them ruined by incidents like this."

In stories where celts are the target do they draw upon example involving Gers like this:

Celtic striker Anthony Stokes was recently targeted by thugs, while Hoops boss Neil Lennon was a sent a 'viable' explosive device earlier in the year and Niall McGinn and Paddy McCourt were sent bullets in the post.

I dont think they do and hence I dont see the relevance of Lennon etc here.

In stories where celts are the target do they draw upon example involving Gers like this:

I dont think they do and hence I dont see the relevance of Lennon etc here.

Some people would call you pranoid:whistling::smile:

The bottom line is, Lafferty will not be driven out by bigots though. When these culprits are caught, will it be that the news is that they were not all septic supporters, or the fact that we have a really big problem with unemployment wasters cruising the streets and will do anything to 'entertain' themselves?