Rangers ace Steven Naismith told to snub Team GB

Guest superrcooper7

Clay/Ali, Frazier, Lewis, Tyson, Khan.

Just off the top of my head. Only mentioned it in reference to the other sports comment.

No new post needed, I don't follow boxing the same now as I did when a little younger.

Great reply though in showing how to put a new member in their place. Thanks.

Ha ha, take it easy supercooper7, the same thing happened to me when I first joined.

But, how many over age players do you think will get in the team? I think the only Scots that get in will be palying in Engaland.

I was reading a newspaper today, because I was in the pub to see the game, and it seems that David Beckham is a stick on for one of them over-aged players.

Weightlifting and wrestling also get mentioned, but other than Casius Clay, I don't remember any other boxer making any money from his prospective gold. Briatin had a medalist, Aubrey I think was his name, but as I don't follow fighting, I can't remember. I do remember this medalist being shit it the real world though, and anyway, I was talking about football.

Admitting your ignorance of other sports, football aside, does not devalue said sports.

Many sports do not make people a millionaire, but the Olympics can still be the single, or one of the main achievements in that sport. "Aubrey" Harrison won a gold medal in amateur boxing, was poor in professional boxing, but will still be a multi-millionaire from boxing without winning the world title.

Football is possibly the only example where representing your country at the Olympics is way down the pecking order. But it probably doesn't count for many sports and in many cases is irrelevant. For these professional sports people, it is the opportunity to say they represented their country at the Olympics and therefore monetary gain is irrelevant.

It's the olympics I'm trying to devalue, or did you not get that bit? Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to write your well considered, expertise on all sport.

If I don't like the olympics, that's between me and myself. There are multi-millionaires, just because they do nothing, how aubrey got his money is hardly likely to be through actual boxing, but it remains to the same to me that folks are having to undergo a terrible time in this present economic climate, and an extra £40 billion being spent on a jamboree for upper middle class pastimes.

Olympic football is about as pointless as olympic darts, or snooker. Hardly likely to advance anyone's career, with maybe the exception of Beckham.