Celtic hit with Uefa charge

Celtic have been charged by UEFA following their Europa League Group I match against Udinese in Italy last Thursday.

More...

Celtic have been charged by UEFA following their Europa League Group I match against Udinese in Italy last Thursday.

European football's governing body has charged the Hoops with "the displaying of an offensive banner and setting off of fireworks by fans".

The case will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on 26th January.

It is their second UEFA disciplinary case in two months, with the Hoops found guilty last week after their fans sang pro-IRA songs in their game against Rennes on 3rd November and they were fined just under £13,000.

Celtic were knocked out of the competition following last Thursday's 1-1 draw.

Edited by Bluedell

I must admit that I thought our fans had a terrible attitude when we started getting flagged up to UEFA and that's why we eventually were banned from attending an away game. We should have been clever and just cleaned up our act.

However, most of our fans realise that what they are doing is at best a bit naughty and so given enough threat will start to behave.

In contrast, the majority of their fans AND their club don't think they are doing the slightest thing wrong and I really think that denial is going to bite them big time - and it's already starting to nibble... I can see them going into meltdown with UEFA because of their defiance.

The poet justice is that if they hadn't grassed up Rangers fans, they'd still be under the radar. They really deserve all that's coming to them.