Rangers and "Jobs for the Boys" and Mister Whyte

‎"Rangers and job for the boys"

I waiting till this transfer window was shut before i posted this.

Back when Ally was confirmed as our new gaffer, and then installed, Neil Murray, Brown, Durrant etc in positions i said that that was a mistake and that i HATE the "jobs for the boys" attitude Rangers have. We should have had a complete clear out of the old guard and in no way let guys like Neil Murray near Rangers in a chief scouting roll as you don't give that job to someone with no experience at Rangers.

Now, i know all football teams should have a ex player or two in and around the club, it would be foolish not too. But not as many as The Rangers have, they are far too comfortable IMO.

Neil Murray, he was the one guy i "strongly" objected to being at Ibrox. He's not a proven scout. I would have let Durrant move to pastures new and brought in a proven European coach to train the first team squad.

We should also have brought in someone that had been a football scout at the highest level for decades, not a ex player who was an accountant.

This has been proved correct IMO. The guy has been a disaster. We were told at one point that he had pointed out 5 players for each position on the field. Well if those "trialists" were those players the guy should clear his desk this morning.

As for CW. He has my strong backing. Remember when he bought us, with in a few days, or the days leading up this £2Million tax bill that know on knew about popped up. I think there has been other financial revelations that he did not know about have cropped up, and as yet he has not disclosed to the Rangers family and could be the reason why he still has not had the accounts signed off.

These ex board members taking snipper shots at him are cunts of the highest order. They sat there and were nothing more than "yes men" taking 6 figure salaries home each year.

if they were so concerned at the way Rangers were being finically ran why did they not pipe up years ago when DM was burying us.

Rome was not built in a day, Craig Whyte does need time to balance the books, and ultimately we will not see his true colours till a year(ish) after the tax case is finalised.

THIS IS ALL DAVID MURRAY'S FAULT!!!

Just my two Bobs worth

‎"Rangers and job for the boys"

I waiting till this transfer window was shut before i posted this.

Back when Ally was confirmed as our new gaffer, and then installed, Neil Murray, Brown, Durrant etc in positions i said that that was a mistake and that i HATE the "jobs for the boys" attitude Rangers have. We should have had a complete clear out of the old guard and in no way let guys like Neil Murray near Rangers in a chief scouting roll as you don't give that job to someone with no experience at Rangers.

Now, i know all football teams should have a ex player or two in and around the club, it would be foolish not too. But not as many as The Rangers have, they are far too comfortable IMO.

Neil Murray, he was the one guy i "strongly" objected to being at Ibrox. He's not a proven scout. I would have let Durrant move to pastures new and brought in a proven European coach to train the first team squad.

We should also have brought in someone that had been a football scout at the highest level for decades, not a ex player who was an accountant.

This has been proved correct IMO. The guy has been a disaster. We were told at one point that he had pointed out 5 players for each position on the field. Well if those "trialists" were those players the guy should clear his desk this morning.

It's a good point that me and my mates have discussed. It would be better if fresh blood came in to help Ally with new ideas. Keeping on your mates may be comfortable but is not always the most effective way.

As for CW. He has my strong backing. Remember when he bought us, with in a few days, or the days leading up this £2Million tax bill that know on knew about popped up. I think there has been other financial revelations that he did not know about have cropped up, and as yet he has not disclosed to the Rangers family and could be the reason why he still has not had the accounts signed off.

Whyte has clearly stated that the reason the audit report hasn't been signed off is because of the tax case. There has been nothing to suggest that there have been additiopnal financial revelations and if there had been I'm sure Whte would have been shouting about them and taking legal action if they were fraudulently kept from him.

These ex board members taking snipper shots at him are cunts of the highest order. They sat there and were nothing more than "yes men" taking 6 figure salaries home each year.

if they were so concerned at the way Rangers were being finically ran why did they not pipe up years ago when DM was burying us.

The likes of AJ and Paul Murray didn't receive any salary.

As for them piping up, they had the choice of staying and trying to change SDM's mind or leaving and having no influence. With board confidentiality they are limited in what they can say publicly.

Rome was not built in a day, Craig Whyte does need time to balance the books, and ultimately we will not see his true colours till a year(ish) after the tax case is finalised.

I'd suggest that we are already seeing his true colours. Leaving the club with one fit striker who was not even good enough to et on the bench a few months ago, using future year's income to finance current operations etc.

THIS IS ALL DAVID MURRAY'S FAULT!!!

Ultimately yes, but it doesn't prevent criticism of how Whyte is subsequently running things.

There have been other "little" bills cropping up for 5 figure sums from Law firms, and maintenance firms too remember. He obviously was not shown the full monty financially IMO.

Again, there's been no suggestion that these were not known about. He just didn't want to (fully) pay them.

Again, there's been no suggestion that these were not known about. He just didn't want to (fully) pay them.

Fair enough mate. I am in now way a businessman, nor know anything about corporate law etc, i'm just calling it from a guy on the streets point of view.

I actually went to school with Neil Murray, (Marr College in Troon) and he was as quiet as a mouse at school. Had a small group of friends and never really said much. He was a smart cookie at school and it was no surprise the line of work he went into after his playing career was over. It shocked me when he got the chief scouting role as that would mean talking face to face with major power houses in the game of football, something i would find hard to believe he would be confident at this trade.

But to give him his due he may well have changed since 1991 when we both left school

Edited by Bears
I'm a doughnut

I'd suggest that we are already seeing his true colours. Leaving the club with one fit striker who was not even good enough to et on the bench a few months ago, using future year's income to finance current operations etc.

The way i look at it is he is saving us money now to level us out finically in the long term. that means acute, and difficult decisions that look terrible to us as fans. Don't get me wrong i fully understand you view. I feel in "x" amount of years we will look back and say,"Fair enough, he got it right" How many years that is, i don't know?

We as Bears are not a very patient bunch, but patience is something we are going to have to dig out in abundance right now.

Rome wasn't built in a day, the guys only been in the job 6 months, he needs to be trusted and given time to prove he can sort this mess out.