Bad day fro the London clubs

Guest superrcooper7

Guest superrcooper7

What a shocker, both put in shocking performances today.

Chelsea never even appeared in the first half and seem totally clueless. Mata has really disappointed as I thought he was going to be great in the EPL.

Arsenal, well, just shocking. Sunderland by far the better team.

Two managers living on borrowed time maybe? Harsh on AVB I think, next season would be better to judge if he does 'rid' the club of some of the older players who aren't backing him. Wenger I think has been on borrowed time for a few years now and think they need a manager with a fresh and adaptable approach.

Arsenal need to stop spending as much money on youngsters and invest in some slightly more experienced world class quality. If they want to buy youngsters, they should be buying total world class, not spending £15m for a young guy from Southampton (who's good, but not worth £15m IMO). I know he's a bellend, but Suarez only cost Liverpool about £22m. Arsenal could do with finding a couple of new players of that quality level, but without the attitude and discipline issues.

I think Wenger has had his time. His philosophy is admirable, but that's now 7 years without a trophy and with every season another team seems to be sneaking ahead of them - spurs, man city, Liverpool - so that it's getting to the point that Europa league qualification will be their target.

Guest superrcooper7
I see Spurs were close to going out of the FA Cup at Stevenage today. Ended 0-0 and goes to a replay.

Didn't see much of that one but should be safe for the replay even if unwanted. Good win for Liverpool. Bolton and Stoke I thought would go through.

Could see Sunderland being the suprise although I'd not like O'Neil to win anything. Gut feeling would be Liverpool or Spurs but pretty open as all are capable of being just as good as bad...if that makes sense.

Not sure whats going on at Chelsea, the divide between manager and players seems to be the first issue . They are still in the Champions League hence Boas still being in a job.

As for Arsenal Wenger, he needs to change his philosophy or risk Arsenal sliding away from competiting for CL spots. They are getting further away every season while Man City and Spurs are getting stronger. Man Utd are in transistion but can still compete for the title. And you'd imagine Chelsea will throw cash at it next season. He is persisting with 4-5-1 which I think is a cause for them being so slack, he should go back to 4-4-2 but needs to sign a new keeper, top centre half and unearth another Nasri.

FA cup could be quite interesting this year though, if Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs get through the quarters which they should then its wide open. 4 clubs I dont particularly like but I wouldnt deny Spurs the FA cup after the season they have had. A Liverpool v Spurs final would probably be the most entertaining.