My take on what's happened.

I think Lloyds TSB forced David Murray to sell to Whyte and i think they knew that he was getting the money from Ticketus. They probably have him by the short and curlies with his other business's therefore we'll be hearing nowt from him. Any reasonable man in that position would gift Rangers FC £20 million or so, but he'll part with nothing now as he doesn't want to get trapped in the situation he created.

I'm still worried about Liquidation but less so after today.

I think the Administrators made a big deal of the amount and 'seriousness' of the possible investors so that Paul Murray etc would push to get as much money for the offer as possible (rightly too) but i think that it makes absolutely no sense for HMRC to push for liquidation - the amount of money lost to the treasury each season from Rangers games would be immense.

I have no intention of supporting a new team (Rangers Rovers 2012...) no chance, and i think most feel the same, despite some making out they'll be loyal to a new Rangers. Therefore if HMRC did push for Liquidation then that scenario won't get them anywhere near the same kind of revenue.

Big question now is not so much who will take control at Ibrox as what will the CVA be and will HMRC accept it. I seem to recall HMRC settled for 20 pence in the pound with Leeds Utd (?) therefore i would hope for the same. Of course with the amount of pressure Celtic and their supporters (in the media and in Political circles) have put in their direction i'd hazard a quess at between 20p and 25p in the pound.

What do you think will be the settling point?

Also, if we win the 'big' tax case will HMRC accept that or (as Whyte suggested) will they appeal, appeal and appeal until they get the verdict they want?

It's hard to believe they'll be expecting 20-25p in the pound for this £75 M that's been talked about...

Regarding liquidation - If we can make it till the end of the season, then that's one massive hurdle jumped, but assuming the club isn't under new ownership by the end of the season (which it might not be), then I'll be fearing the worst because many fans will be stalling on season ticket renewal to see how things pan out with a takeover due to not wanting to give creditors any money, so it's a potential disaster waiting to happen if the administrators don't sell the club to a very viable owner before the end of the season.

Edited by Zappa

Regarding liquidation - If we can make it till the end of the season, then that's one massive hurdle jumped, but assuming the club isn't under new ownership by the end of the season (which it might not be), then I'll be fearing the worst because many fans will be stalling on season ticket renewal to see how things pan out with a takeover due to not wanting to give creditors any money, so it's a potential disaster waiting to happen IMO if the administrators don't sell the club to a very viable owner before the end of the season.

Totally agree. If we do get a new owner with in 8 week, it depends on who. There's huge alarm bells ringing with the Tickitus involvement. It's like we took 5 steps forwards yesterday then immediately took 3 back. We're not really in a position to be choosey, but they need to be very open in what they can offer the club in the way of financing new players and giving the current batch of players that took wage reductions their normal wage back.

I have alarm bels ringing like many do, and the fact that the Blue Knights have happily taken Tickitus onboard spends alarm bells ringing with them and all involved as well.

But, i'll wait and see what they have to say first before making my mind up 100%

I'd never thought of that - good point.

Then there's also the players - these 'clauses' in their contracts, my take on that is that if Rangers go into liquidation then the players rightly wanna move on. Whatever the case there, it's important that someone takes over before the end of the season as the players will need motivation to stay and motivation coming from the new owners.

From a personal point of view, i don't mind parting with my 'pledge' but it would be important for me to know that the new owners have reached an understanding CVA with the creditors as i don't want my cash going to a 'new' club.

So what do you think HMRC's stand is going to be Zappa?

So what do you think HMRC's stand is going to be Zappa?

To be frank, I don't think anyone can even make an educated guess at the moment without knowing more details about who our actual creditors are and what the level of their claims are. We don't know for certain if Whyte or Ticketus are legally creditors and if they aren't then HMRC could be the main creditors in which case they would most likely play hardball as they always do when they're in a position of power.

To be frank, I don't think anyone can even make an educated guess at the moment without knowing more details about who our actual creditors are and what the level of their claims are. We don't know for certain if Whyte or Ticketus are legally creditors and if they aren't then HMRC could be the main creditors in which case they would most likely play hardball as they always do when they're in a position of power.

Like it.

My view is that 'if' they're consistent then surely the 20p in the pound would be what they'd put forward. Of course 20p in the pound 'if' we're talking £75 million is a lot of 20p's! I would just seem to me to be silly for them to be playing hard ball when they'd be doing without so much income if Rangers are liquidated. It's not just Rangers of course because i think crowds would drop like lemmings if we're not taking part, as where is the sense in coming to football when every season you know it'll be Celtic that take as many trophies as they like.

From my point of view at the end of this season would be the final season of competitive football in Scotland.

It's a worry but i supose we have to (to a certain degree) be pragmatic as it's mostly out of our hands - we pledge the cash and cross our fingers that all will be well.

My view is that 'if' they're consistent then surely the 20p in the pound would be what they'd put forward. Of course 20p in the pound 'if' we're talking £75 million is a lot of 20p's!

It would indeed be a lot of 20p's, but we just don't know at the moment. Clubs have had CVAs agreed at one pence in the pound, but blocked by HMRC. If we WIN the "big tax case" and only owe the outstanding (unpaid) tax for this season, then it's entirely possible that a buyer of the club could cover it and get agreement on a CVA that's below twenty pence in the pound. As I say though, we just don't know yet because too many questions remain unanswered.