Lucky charm Craig helped Bougy party

MADJID BOUGHERRA knew he was set for his fourth title on the trot in Qatar — when he saw a Scot was the referee!

Scotland's top ref Craig Thomson was sent to the Middle East state to handle the title clincher between Bougherra's Lekhwiya and Al Arabi on Sunday night.

And the former Rangers stopper was delighted when he found himself being handled by the man he calls his "lucky Scottish charm".

Bougherra said: "Sunday was a wonderful day for me. I sat in my hotel room before the game and watched Rangers beat Celtic. Then we won the title in my first season here. It doesn't get much better than that.

"I was amazed, though, beforehand when I realised the ref here was a Scot.

"He came into the dressing room and I recognised him and one of his assistants.

"I knew then it was going to be my team's day. When Rangers won the title at Killie on the final day last season, he was the ref.

"So I knew having him at our game on Sunday was a sign it was going to be our day — I told my team-mates that after he'd left our dressing room.

"I told them he was a Scottish lucky charm for me."

And Bougy revealed his multi-national team-mates crowded into his hotel room to watch the Old Firm — and were blown away by the atmosphere.

He said: "I had to explain a little about the background to it and how Celtic could win the SPL title with a victory, but all the players knew these are the two biggest clubs in Scotland.

"But eventually I gave up. How can you explain an Old Firm to someone who's never been to one?

"You have to experience it for yourself.

"Of course I was delighted that Rangers won. It gave me a big boost before our game.

"A draw turned out to be enough for us to clinch the title, which is a great achievement in my first season.

"To win four titles in succession in two different countries makes me very proud.

"I got into the habit of success in Scotland, I wanted it to continue here and I'm thrilled we've done it."

Bougherra has two years of his Lekhwiya deal to go but revealed he wants to come back to Rangers.

He said: "Rangers made me what I am.

"One day in the future I would like to return and play for them again, even if it's only for six months or a year."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4221123/Lucky-charm-Craig-helped-Bougy-party.html#ixzz1qJ3ygoNI

Eh!,no thanks,stay where you are.