Steve Lomas feels "three key decisions" went against St Johnstone

The Northern Irishman felt his side didnâ??t get the rub of the green in the 2-0 defeat at Celtic Park.

St Johnstone boss Steve Lomas says "three key decisions" cost his side the chance of a result against Celtic.

Two second-half goals gave Celtic all three points against the Perth side but after the game Lomas took issue with refereeâ??s George Salmond.

The Northern Irishman called the free-kick which lead to Celticâ??s first goal â??softâ?? before claiming Liam Craig was fouled in the build up to the hostsâ?? second goal.

Lomas also believes the official should have given his team a penalty when Francisco Sandaza was challenged by Glenn Loovens in the box.

"My boys were brilliant yet again," he said.

"Probably the only criticism I can aim at them is that when you have your chances you have to take them and we didn't do that.

"I felt a lot went against us. I felt we didn't get the rub of the green.

"Celtic Park is a hard enough place to come to get something, they are a fantastic team, they thoroughly deserve the championship when it comes but we feel mightily aggrieved today.

"I don't want to criticise referees but in our opinion, Francisco Sandaza has a blatant penalty, the second goal is a free-kick on Liam (Craig) and even the first goal came from a very soft free-kick.

"At 1-0 you are still in it. There was a short corner and Liam is going to swing it in and the boy clatters him.

"I just do not understand how you cannot see that as a free-kick and Celtic break up the other end and seal the game.

"For the penalty, the ball is bouncing around, Fran nicks it across him, the defender doesn't get it and crashes into him.

"At the end of the day I am not here to witch hunt referees. They say they (decisions) even themselves up but we ain't seeing that at the minute.

"There's a lot of positives but there is a lot of disappointed boys in there because they put in so much."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/302294-steve-lomas-feels-three-key-decisions-went-against-st-johnstone/