Youâ??ve got one last chance to.. do the Knight thing!

BLUE KNIGHTS chief Paul Murray has made one last plea to Craig Whyte to sell him his Rangers shares.

As SunSport revealed last week the discredited Ibrox owner is refusing to do business.

Now Murray fears it will see his consortium's bid doomed ahead of tomorrow's deadline.

And last night he begged Whyte to see sense and give up his 85.3 per cent shareholding.

Murray said: "The fundamental issue is Craig Whyte.

"I actually find the guy's behaviour to be staggering.

"After everything that's happened, I can't believe he's effectively blocking me from trying to do the right thing for the club.

"You think he'd have the decency to do one last thing to help the club. But as we stand at the moment he's still refusing to sell his shares to me.

"That prevents a CVA from happening. This is a fundamental issue and for it to be still outstanding at this stage is quite frankly staggering.

"If Craig Whyte isn't prepared to sell his shares to me then the only way around it is to get involved in legal mechanisms.

"That takes time and the club doesn't have time.

"I'm not saying I'm the only person who can buy the shares.

"But if I am the right person and I have the right bid then surely he should hand the shares over. Otherwise, in the absence of that, it's a pretty bleak outlook.

"What happens then is that we get locked into months and months and months of legal battle and the club suffers.

"But it's not too late for him to change his mind.

"If he does have the club's interests at heart in any shape or form â?? as he claims â?? then he can do one last thing. That's all I'd say if I was speaking to him now."

Whyte broke cover last night to question what Murray would bring to Gers.

He said: "We have never seen eye to eye. I haven't spoken to him since last May. He is one of the old board. I don't see what he brings to the party.

"But there are some good guys in the Blue Knights and I've spoken to a couple of them, and have no problem with them.

"People will put their bids in by Wednesday and then we will see what happens."

Whyte claims he will quit Gers if it's the best way forward for the club but is determined to have a say on who takes over.

Administrator Paul Clark described him as 'irrelevant'.

But Whyte hit back: "They can describe me this way if they like, but I would disagree with it. I am still the owner.

"But I am willing to walk away if it is for the good of the club. I wouldn't make anything out of it.

"I have £30million in cash and guarantees on the line but I'd walk away if it's best for Rangers.

"I have been in touch with a couple of bidders. If I can help any of them I will."

The threat of liquidation still looms large and Whyte insisted: "I do not favour liquidation at all, it is not necessary.

"I want to exit administration with a CVA. There is no reason whatsoever why that can't happen.

"Liquidation is no good, it will end 140 years of history. I can understand why some people might think it is a good idea but we have to keep Rangers alive."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4235577/Youve-got-one-last-chance-to-do-the-Knight-thing.html#ixzz1qy5m6FC2