Contracts ending this summer and which the club should try to extend this month?

Nothing will be done until there is a buyer confirmed. Escalating costs is not possible.

Assuming that a sale of the club can be completed in time, then of course we won't know to what extent immediate cuts will need to be made until the new owner's in place.

That said nothing suggested on this thread so far has involved 'escalating' costs

Nothing will be done until there is a buyer confirmed. Escalating costs is not possible.

My initial thought was that contracts would need to be extended before the season ends, but the club probably has till just before the contracts expire to get them extended for any players we want to keep.

Assuming that a sale of the club can be completed in time, then of course we won't know to what extent immediate cuts will need to be made until the new owner's in place.

That said nothing suggested on this thread so far has involved 'escalating' costs

You don't think new contracts incur costs? Signing on fees and agent's fees are very costly.

You don't think new contracts incur costs? Signing on fees and agent's fees are very costly.

Maybe so, but replacing players (pending a successful SFA appeal) with unknown quantities in roughly the same wage bracket would be even more costly.

Maybe so, but replacing players (pending a successful SFA appeal) with unknown quantities in roughly the same wage bracket would be even more costly.

What unknown quantities? Most of the squad will have been at Ibrox for years and will have come through the youth ranks.

What unknown quantities? Most of the squad will have been at Ibrox for years and will have come through the youth ranks.

That's assuming that we'll be playing a youth team next season, which tbh I'd happily accept as much as the next bear if it's our only means of survival.

We've been pre-warned though, by men who's opinion I hold in higher regard on these matters than any on here or any forum, what that could lead to.

If a buyer wants to remain competitive in the short term then the cuts need to be measured very carefully.

If all we're left with is a long term plan of survival then I get your point, but the fact is that we just don't know.

admins won't care about that.

Really?

Because that's the exact excuse they used for not making the cuts that some folks on here are adamant that they should have made from square one.

Don't get me wrong - If they're left with no choice then those cuts will have to be made, but even PM was harping on about how costly it would be to repair that damage a couple of weeks back.

Really?

Because that's the exact excuse they used for not making the cuts that some folks on here are adamant that they should have made from square one.

Don't get me wrong - If they're left with no choice then those cuts will have to be made, but even PM was harping on about how costly it would be to repair that damage a couple of weeks back.

there's a difference between not cutting costs and deliberately increasing them.