Green Statement.

CHARLES GREEN last night bitterly slammed HMRC as Rangers were condemned to their worst nightmare â?? liquidation

But after the taxmanâ??s shuddering verdict it now becomes a depressing formality â?? Rangers WILL now have to go down the dreaded newco route.

And a livid Green â?? still determined to push through his controversial takeover â?? believes HMRC have WASTED plenty of his time and money.

He also blasted them for shattering the hopes of the supporters who have had to endure one gut-wrenching blow after another.

The straight-talking Yorkshireman revealed that if the tax authority had bothered to tell him their intentions back in February he would have instantly planned to wind-up the Rangers we know to start afresh next season.

Every question posed to the brassed-off Green provoked sharp answers:

What is your reaction to HMRC blocking the CVA?

â??To read in Paul Clarkâ??s statement today that HMRC are saying this is a policy decision: is it a policy from HMRC that came out this morning? If this has always been their policy why didnâ??t they tell us this in February and March and save a lot of money and a lot of time?

â??There are a lot of Rangers fans who have had their hopes built up for nothing.â?

Are you saying you didnâ??t see this coming today?

â??Not at all.

â??If we had known in March that this was HMRCâ??s policy then the minute that Bill Miller withdrew and we became the preferred bidder we would have just gone down the newco.

â??I have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on fees for professionals for a deal that could never happen.â?

You are now being seen as the guy who took Rangers into liquidation, or who didnâ??t do enough to keep them out of it. How does that make you feel?

â??Neither of those things are fair.

â??I can only be responsible for the things that I have control over.â?

Itâ??s impossible to downplay the significance of today for Rangers, isnâ??t it?

â??I said last week that I thought next Thursday was the most important day in Rangersâ?? history.â?

But you havenâ??t even made it to Thursday, have you?

â??No. Could HMRC change their mind again at the CVA meeting on Thursday? I would urge everyone to lobby to see if we can get this ridiculous decision overturned.â?

How do you view the HMRC statement when it talks about them pursuing previous owners?

â??If pursuing previous owners by this mechanism destroys a lot of the hopes and aspirations of the fans, the club and the people associated with it, then my answer would be: Pursue them through the courts in a different manner. NOT force this on them.â?

Are you certain that you have a binding agreement for an asset sale?

â??We said consistently throughout that even in the event of the CVA being rejected the contract would automatically default into an asset purchase.

â??Nothing has changed as far as we are concerned.â?

So can other parties still come in and challenge you for the club?

â??Everyone had the chance to bid for this company from February 14 until May 13th, when I was given exclusivity, whether it was the Blue Knights, Bill Miller, Uncle Tom Cobley or a host of other people who had approached the administrator.

â??And NO ONE had either put a credible deal on the table, signed a cheque, or could complete.â?

What does a European ban do for your plans?

â??Letâ??s not gloss over things. At the moment, if the CVA does fail on Thursday, then we are not even in the SPL.

â??Forget about playing in Europe â?? we might not even be playing in GLASGOW!â?

How quickly do you now start the moves to get into the SFA and SPL?

â??I have spoken to the SPL and the SFA today and meetings have been set up, so those talks are ongoing.â?

Do you accept the punishment for past misdemeanours and drop down to the Third Division, or press on to stay in the SPL?

â??If you take it to the nth degree then you would need approval to get into Division Three and there wouldnâ??t even be a guarantee of that.

â??I believe that whatâ??s important for not only Rangers but Scottish football is that we start putting all these issues behind us and move forward.â?

Will you now lobby the other SPL clubs ahead of the newco vote?

â??The SPL is a small club of 12 members.

â??The reality is that we are all dependent on each other â?? and Rangers are an integral part of that group.â?

In the event of liquidation can all of your players leave on a free due to TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment)?

â??A newco will have TUPE regulations and we would expect that all of the employees, including the players, would then transfer into newco.â?

But can you be sure of that?

â??No. You certainly canâ??t be sure of that.

â??While under the TUPE regulations we are obliged to take up on all of the contracts, obviously someone may decide that they donâ??t want to be part of the newco.

â??But, at that point, they would be in breach of contract.â?

Have you spoken to Ally McCoist?

â??Ally has been with us since about 7.30 this morning after coming back from his holiday in Portugal. He attended the staff meeting and he has been with me in meetings with the lawyers today.â?

Does it hurt that you are being seen as the villain?

â??If I wasnâ??t here there would be no one buying this football club. All the bidders disappeared.

â??Itâ??s a sad day for the club, for the fans. HMRC have got a lot to answer for.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4369608/Taxmans-wasted-my-time-and-money.html#ixzz1xcwBRQuJ

Edited by ian1964