THE Rangers Football Club today announced the appointment of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.

Charles Green has been appointed CEO and will sit on the Company or plc Board and Malcolm Murray will be Chairman.

Mr Murray has been a Rangers supporter since he was a boy and is a season ticket holder.

Born in Ayrshire, Malcolm was educated at the University of Strathclyde and has spent most of his career managing some of the UK's biggest pension funds, mainly with Phillips and Drew.

Malcolm also has experience in football through his purchase and stewardship of a 25% shareholding in Manchester United which led to him working closely with the executive management team.

Malcolm is also senior independent director of MWB business Exchange plc.

Malcolm Murray commented: "It is a great honour to be invited to become non-executive Chairman of an iconic football club.

"I am intensely proud to have been a supporter since my father took me to Ibrox for my first match and Colin Stein scored a hat-trick on both our debuts.

"I was hooked from that moment on and as a supporter and season ticket holder I have been - like all Rangers fans - utterly appalled by what has happened to the Club.

"Those responsible for bringing the Club to its knees should start by apologising to supporters who have been left to face the consequences.

"I have spent most of my working life developing a long-term investment philosophy, taking stakes in companies and working closely with the boards while imposing the highest standards of corporate governance.

"It is my firm intention to ensure high standards of transparency and probity are adopted and the Club will be managed with a prudent long-term strategy avoiding the fiefdoms and excesses of the past.

"With that approach I am sure that Rangers can look forward to better days."

The Club also announced that Brian Stockbridge will be Financial Director while Imran Ahmad of Zeus Capital, who are highly experienced in the flotation of football clubs, will join the Board as a non-executive Director.

Further appointments to the plc Board will be made as appropriate.

Before people jump on him for proclaiming his love of Rangers - if it's true, what do you expect him to say?

I think Murray's credentials and comments seem pretty good tbh.

Not pleased about Green being made CEO though, but I've been saying that for a week or two and we knew it was coming.

Guest Dutchy

I expect him to say all the right things, as he has, but it's still only talk. So far anyway, we'll see how much money he plans to make from this wee 'stint' at Rangers.

He's certainly not saying that he's not interested in making money!!!

I think Murray's credentials and comments seem pretty good tbh.

Not pleased about Green being made CEO though, but I've been saying that for a week or two and we knew it was coming.

He'll only be there till the floatation.

I expect him to say all the right things, as he has, but it's still only talk. So far anyway, we'll see how much money he plans to make from this wee 'stint' at Rangers.

He's certainly not saying that he's not interested in making money!!!

He's never hid the fact he will make a good bit of money for his troubles, but he has done everything he said he would.

He's never hid the fact he will make a good bit of money for his troubles, but he has done everything he said he would.

If it gets that far.

Mike Farrell ‏@mikefstv

Green says he wouldn't sell his shares in Rangers to Walter Smith, but admitted that some other shareholders will.

Retweeted by Frankie

If it gets that far.

Mike Farrell ‏@mikefstv

Green says he wouldn't sell his shares in Rangers to Walter Smith, but admitted that some other shareholders will.

Retweeted by Frankie

So more or less telling Walter buy the shares of Sevco and get involved.

Guest Dutchy

Are you talking about Green, or Murray?

I was talking about Murray!